View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: An Ex-Mormon "Word of Wisdom"  |  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Drink More Coffee - It's Good for Your Health!

https://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/

Compare that to the false teachings of the false prophets ("But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign LORD who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.") of MorMonism:

Quote:
Tea and coffee (see D&C 89:9; latter-day prophets have taught that the term “hot drinks,” as written in this verse, refers to tea and coffee).
- from https://www.lds.org/topics/word-of-wisdom?lang=eng
D&C 89:9 wrote:
9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.
So, what, like, we're supposed to shampoo with it? Paint our houses with it? Put it in our automobile engines? Coffee is so, very, much for the body and belly both. God loves us, so He created coffee! - See the first link in this post - "13 evidence based health benefits of Coffee"!

I see that the Mormon Wisdom continued with a couple of curious additional "warnings", for example,
Quote:
Vegetables and fruits, which should be used “with prudence and thanksgiving” (see D&C 89:10-11).
- "with prudence" - maybe he's thinking of eating too many prunes or beans, or eating brightly colored toadstools? I've been told vegetables and fruits are good for us, and was never told at the dinner table, "Now, Abinadi, I've put some healthy vegetables and a tasty nutritious peaches on your plate, but try not to enjoy them too much, because you should eat them with prudence." ("Give Prudence her own plate!," I yelled back.)

and
Quote:
The flesh “of beasts and of the fowls of the air,” which is “to be used sparingly” (see D&C 89:12-13).
- Well so much for Mormons getting a KFC franchise. I don't know anyplace in the world where fried chicken is eaten "sparingly" - other than exceptional situations like someone having a chicken-allergy, or where the chickens have been all killed off.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: An Ex-Mormon "Word of Wisdom"  |  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:52 pm
God

One of the bishopric members over the young men would go to St. Bojangles on Sundays with his priesthood class. He probably obtained from iced tea though. Tea would be way too wrong.

It was one of those backwards progressive smaller wards with some old timey people ... He was a good olde boy.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17