View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 7:00 pm

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 am
God of Poly-Folly

Thankgod there are these RONCO Religion wards in the Mormon churches to help people recognise cult activities and tactics when they see it.

http://www.recoveringagency.com You are on your way, your very own personal path.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 am
God of Mythbusters

Great read! As it really opens up the tactics used to bind people within high demand type organizations besides organized religions. So it has many applications for day to day living with other organizations, not just LD$, Inc.

And I agree with Richard Packham's evaluation on Amazon, that the people who need to read it the most, will probably never read it.

That's why I passed out fresh copies to my kids, for their awareness and that of the grandkids. Hopefully, it will help them grow more and develop their own measure of intellectual autonomy.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
Great read! As it really opens up the tactics used to bind people within high demand type organizations besides organized religions. So it has many applications for day to day living with other organizations, not just LD$, Inc.

And I agree with Richard Packham's evaluation on Amazon, that the people who need to read it the most, will probably never read it.

That's why I passed out fresh copies to my kids, for their awareness and that of the grandkids. Hopefully, it will help them grow more and develop their own measure of intellectual autonomy.

Sort of like a caught virus, from a "High Demand" group. Something you can maybe recognize more, once arriving onto the other page life offers. A later chapter. Outside of the Inner Darkness Mormonism houses.

The LDS leadership has Mormon Ebola, readily able to die with the disease.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 pm
God of Mythbusters

One of the best cures for this disease is the disinfecting light of open day light...exposing it for what it is, nothing more than an illusion. A culturally isolated organization that cleverly masquerades itself as a church, selling god. And I'm not buying any of it any more. No point in investing anything anymore into a glorified dead end Ponzi Scheme that only offers those intangible rewards that you can find anyplace else for free.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:29 am
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
One of the best cures for this disease is the disinfecting light of open day light...exposing it for what it is, nothing more than an illusion. A culturally isolated organization that cleverly masquerades itself as a church, selling god. And I'm not buying any of it any more. No point in investing anything anymore into a glorified dead end Ponzi Scheme that only offers those intangible rewards that you can find anyplace else for free.

I left Mormonism very easily, lured away literally by a gratefully open heart. One brand new heart the original message Jesus owns and seeks in building.

Jesus the Christ owns his story and beauty and there is none other like it what-so-ever, not in Mormonism, not with the JW's and certainly not in Scientology. Any other leftover groups traced back to the dozens and dozens created during the Second Great ((snoozing)) Awakening between the years 1790 - 1840 met their end without the aid of the Internet, now working as the new Gutenberg printing-press of this age.

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm
myself

:happy-sunshine:
joseph's myth wrote:
Hi Lilly, you made my day. And you may not yet know it yet but I see you might be building relationships with many others that happen to be safer and more understanding than maybe ever imagined.

A very, very meaningful post including a new snapshot about your truly grateful heart.

Cool

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:36 am
God of Poly-Folly

Melanie wrote:
joseph's myth wrote:
Hi Lilly, you made my day. And you may not yet know it yet but I see you might be building relationships with many others that happen to be safer and more understanding than maybe ever imagined.

A very, very meaningful post including a new snapshot about your truly grateful heart.

Cool

That was sweet of you Melanie. An oldie but goodie you found there!

God of Poly-Folly Folly

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 pm
Priest

Yes, the LDS Church sells its own "brand" of Christianity as the one TRUE church, which it is not. It is NOT. All Christian churches belong to the Lord. The LDS Church has taken the keys and powers and knowledge of heaven and reduced them to a social club wherein the highlight of righteousness is to stand up on the first Sunday of the month and sob about how grateful you are for your wife or your husband. (Note, they are never grateful for the Lord, or his redeeming righteousness. And if they ever talk about the tender mercies of the Lord, they don't understand them at all, because they've never loved the Bible more than they've loved life itself.)

The LDS Church is a social club. It is a social club. And I'm going to have to say it is a pernicious social club, because it gives people the idea that an outward show of righteousness is the equivalent to obeying God. It is not.

You might as well not go to the LDS Church at all if it is dragging you down to the level of ignorance and complete disregard of heaven that is replete there. I mean, who cares about your wonderful family, or your sob story about your own gratitude for your own personal brand of righteousness. Righteousness is not about a brand. It is not about being LDS. It is about submitting yourself to the laws of heaven, not earth.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 am
myself

THE lds organisation has no keys, no powers and no knowledge of Heaven.
The doctrine is totally fabricated.
It is in no way a Christian church.

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:00 pm
Priest

The doctrine is not totally fabricated, but corrupt. It has been corrupted. Ironically, the members of the LDS church are so proud of the fact that Joseph Smith was a prophet, but guess what? He was not a Mormon, but someone who saw errors in all Christian denominations. The LDS Church has made itself into a denomination, and guess what? It has errors. Major ones! But NOBODY ever sees this or admits it.

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 pm
Priest

If you want to call the LDS Church a cult, you would have to call it a cult of self. It is a self-worship church. Worship your family. Worship your children. And, most especially, worship your spouse. I have learned for myself that the LDS Church is greatly in error to presuppose that temporal marriage is the key to the eternities. As far as temple marriage is concerned, it can be deemed temporal, essentially, for the humans are just taking each other there and trying to cram it down the Lord's throat. So you have a temple marriage? Good luck! Did you ask the Lord's permission to marry? Did you? Or did you just find somebody cute and decide Heavenly Father had to endorse it.

Yeah. The LDS doctrine of the eternities and what constitutes eternal life is entirely centered on humans and the aggrandizement of humans. Guess what? Humans lost the war in heaven. They did not win. And their place in eternity is not what they think it is. They are the only creatures who disobeyed the Lord and tried to dictate to God, raising themselves up above God. Look around you. That's what they're still doing.

Are there any truly humble Mormons? Sure. But you would be hard-pressed to find them. Most of them are so enamored with themselves and the idea that they are top banana in heaven that they never bother with what the Book of Mormon has to say about it.

Helaman 12:7
7 O how great is the nothingness of the children of men; yea, even they are less than the dust of the earth.

Yes, because the dust of the earth obeys the Lord's command instantly, but humans do not. And Mormons! Hello! They are so self-involved that they never even learn what their true status is.

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 pm
Priest

Would you need to deprogram after being a member of the LDS Church? Yes, but you would have to do it by reading the Bible (and even the Book of Mormon) and taking scripture seriously. The scriptures do not support LDS doctrine. As for the D&C, you would have to have a discussion with the Lord to understand it, because what the LDS Church teaches is incorrect.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 pm
myself

Ummmmm, guess we have to agree to disagree. The BoM is not scripture, the D&C is not scripture. But I know it can be hard. Even the Tanners, when they first left the organisation, still believed that the BoM was scripture and still read it.
I always think it is a good idea to deal with the core issue rather than the very many ripples that come from that core root.
There are some lovely people who are LDS, genuine and kind and who 'just' happen to be lost to the organisation at this time in their lives.
Healing from such a toxic organisation comes in many forms.

But whatever way your journey takes you, I wish you calm and peace and happiness and positivity.

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:55 pm
Priest

What I am against, primarily, is that people substitute the LDS church for the Lord. They want to talk about LDS doctrine, and they have never even bothered to check it out with the Lord. If you check things out with the Lord, you will find that the LDS church is apostate because it has developed false doctrines and promulgated them as truth. When the Lord first told me the LDS church was apostate, I was shocked, but I am more educated now, and I realize that he is correct.

As far as true scripture is concerned, the Lord acknowledges it. He just does not acknowledge what humans teach about it in error.

One example: Lehi never said there must be opposition in all things, therefore evil has to exist. Lehi said that if you obey the Lord you are rewarded, but if you disobey, you are punished. There is opposition in all things, i.e., obedience brings happiness, and disobedience brings misery. He was lecturing Laman and Lemuel, who were excusing themselves by saying they would not be punished. (Kinda like people today who say God is too loving to ever administer punishment.)

The church has turned this simple statement of fact into a false doctrine in which GEESH! Satan had to be wicked and we had to have evil. That is completely wrong. Satan can choose righteousness any time he wants to, and evil is a product of humans. It should not exist.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 pm
God

KGDM, You bring an interesting perspective.

I've heard others propose that Joseph was a fallen prophet, probably shortly after fininshing the BoM and before taking multiple wives. That his later less Christian and more strange prophecies are a result of him manufacturing his own "prophecy" post fall.

I do think that the BoM faces some serious challenges though, things that can't be easily overlooked. I have seen quite a few good summaries of the issues, below is one you might want to consider:
http://mormonthink.com/book-of-mormon-problems.htm

Beyond that, WRT scripture and Jesus and His teachings, I think it's useful to see Jesus as a transitional character. When He was growing up He lived in the era when the Law was in effect. When people asked Him what they had to do to earn eternal life (a law question) His answer was a law based answer. When someone came seeking mercy, He gave mercy. He spoke to the people about their day and He spoke to the people about the days to come.

The Cross changes things. At the cross Jesus completely satisified the Law by paying the full penalty for all sin. Those who accept Jesus are fully washed clean. The book of Romans does an excellent job of explaining this.

The other thing that has been very helpful in understanding the Bible is that all of it is written for us, but not all of it is written to us. I'm a gentile and so I'm not under the Law of Moses, so while it's useful to see how the law describes behavior, it does not dictate that I must live under those rules ... it was written to someone else. There are other places that refer to beleivers vs non-beleivers and this is an important distinction to make. Failing to correctly identify who's mail you are opening can have you feeling responsible to pay bills that are not yours.

I hope that helps you.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:19 pm
Priest

The only law I recognize is Deut. 6:5. You are to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and might. If you live that law, you will quickly become out of step with other Christians. You will find that often Mormons don't even know the Lord, much less keep the law. They practically deny him, because they will not pray to the Lord if they have to admit the Lord is Jesus Christ. Jesus is their Savior, not their God, which is a contradiction in terms, and goes against scripture. Anyway, there is no point in trying to correct Mormons. Most of them are too far gone in their own superiority to even be reached, and those who might admit that they are less than the dust and owe everything to the Lord probably aren't even truly humbling themselves in their actual actions.

Do you have to bow at the knee to the Lord? Yes. Is he Jesus Christ? Yes. Do the Mormons admit that? No. So, therefore, Mormons are refusing to bow at the knee to Jesus Christ, although they are strictly reminded to do so.

It is fully ironic that the Mormon church was founded to avoid false doctrines generated by denominations, and now it has become a denomination itself that departs from scripture.

And TOTALLY depart it does.

SCMormon
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 am
Nursery

Mormons refuse to follow their own doctrine. I was on the CARM website yesterday reading some of the post that this TBM was trying to make. One of the post was interesting... In essence what this christian was trying to get this guy to realize was that he knows nothing about his own church because he will pull a piece of scripture out here or there but not look at the full content around it.
Last year I met this great pastor who is a very close friend of mine, and we were talking about the Mormon church, and I was just like the guy above, and what this pastor showed me just rocked my world. It was the beginning of the end of Mormonism for me.

kgdmwork
Post  Post subject: Re: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 pm
Priest

SCMormon wrote:
Mormons refuse to follow their own doctrine.

So true. Most Mormons do not even pay attention to scripture. They just listen to each other. They have put themselves into a state of blasphemy and deafness, wherein the Spirit of the Lord will not strive with them, for they refuse to listen.

And if you ever, ever, use "modern" scripture to eviscerate their so-called beliefs, they will get huffy, mad, defensive, and abusive. What is at the heart of their "belief"? They don't really allow Jesus Christ to be the LORD. Yep. That's their belief. He's Lord, only when he's Savior, but otherwise, somebody else is Lord. Who? They don't even know. They purport to know the members of the Godhead and they do not. At any rate, they have not even bothered to admit that Jesus Christ ALONE is the way, the truth, the life, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, so what can they know about the Godhead? Nothing.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm
God of Poly-Folly

kgdmwork wrote:
SCMormon wrote:
Mormons refuse to follow their own doctrine.

So true. Most Mormons do not even pay attention to scripture. They just listen to each other. They have put themselves into a state of blasphemy and deafness, wherein the Spirit of the Lord will not strive with them, for they refuse to listen.

And if you ever, ever, use "modern" scripture to eviscerate their so-called beliefs, they will get huffy, mad, defensive, and abusive. What is at the heart of their "belief"? They don't really allow Jesus Christ to be the LORD. Yep. That's their belief. He's Lord, only when he's Savior, but otherwise, somebody else is Lord. Who? They don't even know. They purport to know the members of the Godhead and they do not. At any rate, they have not even bothered to admit that Jesus Christ ALONE is the way, the truth, the life, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, so what can they know about the Godhead? Nothing.

I can only imagine, Mormons thinking that they still have all the room in the world (heh, old you-tall territories) to try and believe whatever it is that they want to maybe believe. Almost every single one of the LDS parishioners believes differently and contradictory to each and one another. The phrase of "I know the Mormon church is true", seems somewhat more diluted than ever before.

God of Poly-Folly Folly

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: LDS Cult Deprogramming  |  Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:28 am
God of Poly-Folly

Now known for the very first time is, you were in a very very dangerous soft cult and here's the undeniable thing.

Soft cults can have serious leverage in your otherwise happy and healthy life. Choosing to not participate may be becoming a brand-new concept and maybe your only way out and sometimes must be fully exercised.

God of Poly-Folly Folly