View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:31 pm

ecravn
Post  Post subject: A couple of questions about the Mormon religion  |  Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 pm
Nursery

Hi all,

I am not a current or ex-Mormon but had some questions about the Mormon religion just out of interest.

This is partially related to something I heard about back in the 80's when I lived in Europe. So it could be just hearsay or that somehow the details in the story metamorphosed as it traversed through the grapevine...

Anyway the story was about a European family who were Mormons and had moved to USA. They were supposedly aided in this move to some degree by the LDS Church.

What I was interested in is doing historical research on people who may have moved from Europe to USA soon after the industries of Europe were desolated by World War 2.

Would anyone know if the LDS church has had any "programs" to move members from Europe to USA after WW2, for example between 1945-1955?

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: A couple of questions about the Mormon religion  |  Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Not that I know of. When I was a young Mormon, I dreamed of moving to Utah. I thought that would be ideal. So I imagine that a lot of families do choose to move there on their own.

But I've always heard the Church telling people to create a piece of Zion right where they are. I've never heard them encouraging people to move to Utah.

ecravn
Post  Post subject: Re: A couple of questions about the Mormon religion  |  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm
Nursery

:-D Thank you Rainfeather