View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:04 am

Melanie
Post  Post subject: An Easter Message for those wishing to follow Christ.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:15 am
myself

The Spirit comes when we are earnestly seeking Christ. This has nothing to do with whether the vehicle we are moving through at any given time ie the LDS church is '' true'' or not. In fact, the Spirit is in the tension. Just as I can know that the Spirit is working in my life when I feel a tug/ a tension within myself between what I want to do and what I actually do and what I want to want to do, then in the same way, that tension is also there in an organisation that is clearly fundamentally unchristian- but at the same time, people within it are, for their own parts, earnestly seeking Christ (as they at that time understand Him to be).

In the Church of England Good Friday liturgy there is a phrase....Christ has torn down the veil in His flesh. It is the flesh of Christ that tears the veil down. There is absolutely no reason at all to have to learn how to get through a veil and hence no need for any initiatory or endowment ordinance.

What exactly are LDS stating when they partake of the body and blood of Christ in the Sacrament meetings? Christianity states that the veil is torn down in the body of Christ-ergo- LDS are not partaking of the body of Christ.

And His blood is representative of the New Covenant, which is the covenant, the only covenant, that a Christian is involved with and this covenant is made between God the Father and Jesus Christ and we are involved in that only because a Christian is in Christ. There are no covenants between God and a believer directly in any form.

So to return to the beginning, it is possible and strongly rewarding to feel the Spirit in a way that is readily understood by LDS when immersed in living the worthiness standards of the organisation, and this can be and will only be because individual members are earnestly seeking Christ, and it is helpful to adopt lifestyle choices that would, for anyone, encourage this seeking.

But feeling the Spirit absolutely does NOT mean that the church is TRUE. It isn't. But Jesus is true, the Spirit is true, God is true and this should give the greatest of hope to anyone who wishes to follow Christ and who is considering their position wrt resigning their membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I wish you a very happy Easter. The Resurrection was not expected by anyone around Christ at the time of His death. Resurrection is often not expected by any of us at certain points in our own lives. But that doesn't stop it happening, because that depends on God and not on us.

That which has been brought low will be raised, that which was old will be made new and we are in Him.
Easter Sunday has already happened.

:)

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: An Easter Message for those wishing to follow Christ.  |  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:24 am
God of Poly-Folly

Well of course Easter Sunday has already happened, you're in England and the sun rises there first but not as firstly as in maybe someplace like Australia.

No worries, I get what you really meant by the empty tomb. Blown away bits of rope and an enormously huge entrance stone a little more moved than simply rolled away.

Our lives can be blown away and mastered too, I'm proof of that. And then gently cradled an lifted up like the powerful shattering and removal of our own tomb stone never took place.

I was a lot like this guy except it didn't kill me like it did him in. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50761&start=40

The transformation took place in me maybe because I let it. Maybe because of the needed tension that demanded release. Maybe because of things that I cannot yet fully understand or begin to try and comprehend. My witnessing of the happening is all I can say. Revisting the event is an inquiring mind sort of place, a very very quiet sort of place.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly