View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 am

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon.org  |  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am
God of Mythbusters

So Abinadi, it may not hurt to consult with the moderators there and see why its allowed on that site but not here?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Yes, I was wondering why they allowed it. Our reasons are clear - it's part of our founding Constitution ;) . It's the way Infymus set it up, and it prevents some scammers from soliciting information from new exmos who might be vulnerable to professions of sympathy where none exist. I've tried to follow the so-called survey on Weber website and on studentvoice, but only deadends so far. I have also private-messaged the poster, who hasn't been back for a while, and left a message on Weber, but gotten no response.

Same triple-posted post here was also posted at mormondiscussions. There he (?) said Dr. Shades gave permission. Asked a question, he hasn't responded.
more about hazbilly3 - from reddit - sounds like same person to me. A little obsessed with the sexual aspect. https://www.reddit.com/user/hazbilly3/?sort=hot. https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/5epetr/share_your_voice_and_anonymously_tell_about_your/#bottom-comments 200 participants so far. I wonder how many fake ones? https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/5e6izj/exmormon_and_social_media_research/#bottom-comments Actually seems legitimate, just not according to Hoyle. Ignores posting rules. Hit and run posts. But, if he returns, not so much hit and run, as scattershooting.

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Yeah, I don't trust those things. You've no idea who you're dealing with.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 am
God of Mythbusters

I just recently posed the same inquiry to the Post Mormon.Org moderators and no response so far...and like Rain, have little trust in or for unknowns of this type.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:16 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

teoma2 wrote:
I just recently posed the same inquiry to the Post Mormon.Org moderators and no response so far...and like Rain, have little trust in or for unknowns of this type.

So what if I'm slow: Being held back in the Third grade year after year has its advantages.

But what I WANNA know is, who "the moderator" is in the post in question?

"Hello all! I obtained permission from the moderator to post this." — Post in Question.

Um. There are three moderators on this board. The only one left who could have approved the post in question is Infymus. I was thinking, "I doubt Infymus would violate the rule prohibiting such probing polls; especially seeing it was a new member's very first post.

Has anyone asked Infymus if he approved it?

And, if he did not, then what would that mean?

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Infymus would neverhave approved.
When people tried this in the past, fire and brimstone poured forth.
No, it wasn't him, me, nor anybodee.
Did he ask one of us a poorly phrased request, like f'rinstance,
"Is it okay if I ask some questions?"
Not even that, to me. I had no communication with him prior to seeing his triple-post.

hazbilly joined Nov. 22. Last log-in was Nov. 24. My private message to him was after the 24th.
Very, very, very disappointing board "participant."

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Social Media Research apparently approved on Post Mormon  |  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:02 pm

No communications here either.