View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 pm

ananasparachute
Post  Post subject: "Little Factories"  |  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:02 pm
Nursery

OMG..I just saw this referenced on Jeremy Runnells' page.
http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4 ... les-little

This pamphlet was FOR REAL?? Please say it ain't so. "Little Factories"? "Over production of substance?" . No wonder these people get so messed up about sexuality..if you're going to teach about the body, teach actual facts!!! Since when are proper anatomical names dirty words? (only not using here as some internet boards block them.). Who inspired these ideas..Freud himself??

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Thanks be to God I am OUT. I was taught sexual education from a Catholic perspective, and we never used terms like "little factories".

Man....I would laugh if it weren't so sad.

ETA: This is from the late seventies!!!! It could have been written in the 1800's

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: "Little Factories"  |  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 pm

"It was just his opinion."

Historically, not many words have been blocked here on exmormonforums. Discussions are pretty open. Sometimes a disagreement has become heated, even so loud as to shut down one or another speaker. But that is more or less the speaker's choice, since no matter how crazy or wrong a person is, they are allowed to speak. Lies, however, are often frowned down, and personal insults might bring a moderator's warning. If you check in the right places in our archives, your will find some shocking things, as far as vocabulary goes. :)

I guess Packer's vocabulary is suited for an age level that would normally be considered too young to be concerned with the subject matter of his pamphlet, or to benefit from it. When I was young and looking for helpful material to "explain things," the things I found were very clear about the physical and the physics, some social aspects, some biochemical aspects (not too technical, but technical enough for a young teen to understand).

Stalin made some once-powerful communist leaders into "non-persons".
The Mormon church, once an apostle has died, often makes his books into "non-books."
This is because the Mormon church is in constant flux, changing policies, changing traditions, changing its very doctrines themselves. So past prophets and apostles who taught those doctrines that have been changed, find their divinely inspired words demoted into mere "personal opinion".

ananasparachute
Post  Post subject: Re: "Little Factories"  |  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:57 am
Nursery

What gets me about this is it is not teaching young people properly about their bodies. The "little factory" analogy is ridiculous and untrue. There are ways to teach sound sex education using proper words and terms for the age level involved..

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: "Little Factories"  |  Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 am
myself

LOL. using proper words and terms doesn't go with the territory!

So, is Smith a prophet? Ummmmmm, proper word and term....... NO!

Guess they don't say that either!