View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Elders, Scuttling Across the Floors of Silent Seas  |  Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:49 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

Quote:
Where have all the young men gone,
Long time passing,
Long time ago,
Gone on missions every one,
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn? — (some guy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Hav ... rs_Gone%3F

Well, here it is Springtime again...

Last year about this time I did a major clean on the sacred room which the Elders from 2014 and I used for study, hoping that new Elders would come by in 2015.

That did not happen.

This year I am in the Spring cleaning mode again; and, I have a new plan. It's the same as the old plan.

Yet, I will be ready with freshly made Kool-Aid to share with the new recruits; and, we can start our studies with journals of the 2014 Elder's visits; and then the FHE Lesson during which we can drink more Kool-Aid as part of the lesson: http://richkelsey.org/lds_fhe_lesson.html

The million dollar question: Am I on a LDS black-list?

We will see.

One thing is certain, never before in the last 22 years have Elders failed to come by in the summer, like what happened, or rather did not happen in 2015.

Where have all the young men gone?

If some come over, I'll keep a journal; then, write some posts and probably a new article about our visits.

Last edited by richkelsey.org on Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Elders, Scuttling Across the Floors of Silent Seas  |  Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:01 pm

For those of us who are interested: Next time I have the privilege of speaking to Elders, I will again try to reach out to them from my heart. I am going to ask about the Endowment ceremony they went to before the mission; not the details of it, which I already know, but what it means to them to now have the "Priesthood"; and, the "keys" and "tokens" which they did not have beforehand.

I will want to ask some specific questions about their Missionary training, like what center they went to and for how long; and, if the 2014 Elders violated proper protocol by turning on me and telling me to repent in our last visit:

(Rich) Then I said: "I believe I know the voice of the Shepard, yet, I do not recognize the words written in the Doctrines and Covenants sections we just looked up as being his voice; even though Joseph Smith claimed it was Jesus speaking through him."

(Elder Mitchel) "You need to repent!"

(Rich) "Repent from what?"

(Elder Mitchel) [Blank stare]

(Elder Mitchel) "We are out here proclaiming the gospel under the authority of the priesthood."

(Elder Mitchel) "You need to repent!" http://richkelsey.org/Preach_My_Gospel.html

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Elders, Scuttling Across the Floors of Silent Seas  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:38 am
God

My thought is that you're going to hit a wall there Rich. That's taboo discussion area and they will probably quickly retreat so it's going to take some very delicate work to get any traction there. Also, they didn't likely go many times before the mission and you probably know the ceremony better than they do.

However, That's my opinion and a generalization and not necessarily what will happen when you are lead down that path.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Elders, Scuttling Across the Floors of Silent Seas  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:28 am

productofchoice wrote:
My thought is that you're going to hit a wall there Rich. That's taboo discussion area and they will probably quickly retreat so it's going to take some very delicate work to get any traction there. Also, they didn't likely go many times before the mission and you probably know the ceremony better than they do.

However, That's my opinion and a generalization and not necessarily what will happen when you are lead down that path.

Peace

productofchoice.

I appreciate your advice; what you said is so true. I already know what to do wrong. I've been down that road before.

Thirty-two years ago, in 1984, I was standing in the driveway when I see two Elders walking down the street.

I drove to their housing in Issaquah that evening where there were 5 of 6 Elders and proceeded to enlighten them on problems with Mormonism. After about a half hour when nothing had phased them I brought out the trump card: The secret hand-shake with the man behind the curtain to gain entrance into heaven and I ended up posing the question:

(Peter at the gate) "I don't see your name written in the Book of life; do you know the handshake?"

All five Elders stood up in anger, at least two of them looked like football players; I was thinking:

"Are they going to try to slit my throat as required in such a situation?"

Instead: One of the men actually encouraged me to keep on with my ministry: reaching out to Mormons and having dialog.

I am thinking he went by the LDS playbook of what to do in such a situation.

Side note: As I was getting in my car to leave I heard someone say,

"hey"

followed by the words,

"keep quiet"

In my hast to leave, I left behind a new bible case. I did not notice it was missing until I arrived home; then, what I had overheard made sense:

One of them wanted the case; so, he persuaded the other man not to walk out the door and hand it to me.

I learned a few things from that encounter:

• Patience,

• What not to do,

and,

that even Elders on a mission are not beyond coveting.

I would have been left with a better impression if the one Elder had not coveted my property.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Elders, Scuttling Across the Floors of Silent Seas  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:10 pm
God

My wife was having a facebook "Conversation" with someone and they started talking about the problems with Grace giving a license to sin and being too easy. She mentioned the Second Anointing. That was it for that friendship/conversation and they started blaming her.

For those who don't know, the Second Anointing gives the LDS person moral immunity. They are guaranteed entrance to top level of celestial kingdom. Those don't happen these days as much as it used to back in Joseph's day. Christians believe in this assurity when you get born again ... at the beginning of your journey with Christ. And then I think about King David, or Abraham or many of the other ancient prophets with large flocks of sheep. Their endless supply of lambs for sin offerings basically gave them moral immunity... if that's the issue.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17