View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 am


Author Message
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:59 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.p ... 15/#582870

Sorry, but this whole thing is nor afucking game to be levied lightly.

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:27 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
I think we may be pretty safe to conclude that this possible suicide is of course, murder by the horribly brainwashing LDS church.

After all, he was on a Mormon mission, operating under the completely flawed and false pretenses while assured everything he was told was true.


And then he broke, fractured and crashed and somehow concluded he had a good idea. A way out.

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:48 pm
myself

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 pm
Posts: 1693
Location: England

Offline
The church will not make any statement right now since this is an open investigation. They will wait until more information is available. We just buried Peter today, it was a beautiful funeral and burial. We ask for everyone for their prayers to be with Peters beautiful mom Mary. This naturally has been devastating to her and the rest of the family and friends who knew and loved Peter.

Terry Hess, friend of the family, posted today.

_________________
Why leave? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 989OOSOycw
How to heal? http://media.blubrry.com/mormonexpressi ... ion225.mp3


Top
yellowrose
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 pm
CTR B

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm
Posts: 95
Location: TX

Offline
joseph's myth wrote:
http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/37815/#582870

Sorry, but this whole thing is nor afucking game to be levied lightly.



J M-
I don't post often, but could not stay silent on this one. I agree. This is not a game. This is a tragedy for this young man and his family. (and for the other missionaries who have died this year on their missions). A dangerous game is happening, placing young men and women in dangerous situations unnecessarily. Way too high of a price is being paid. And to have no comment or public remorse or regret expressed from the corporation is unacceptable. Whether the corporation's public affairs office comments or not, people are paying attention to the fact that missionaries are being treated as expendable. Besides being sad for this Elder, I am also angry.
YR


Top
teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 am
God of Mythbusters

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Kolobian Lowlands

Offline
I think we can all agree here, that he was a used, and expendable worker bee.

_________________
"When authority masquerades as a power, a simple question will unmask it."

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:51 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
teoma2 wrote:
I think we can all agree here, that he was a used, and expendable worker bee.


I get the feelings this BYU student speaks to the Mormonism youth from his gravestone.

Maybe the damage done to this child means something more.

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Prospector
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm
CTR A

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 70

Offline
IF (and that's a big IF) this was a suicide, it presents the church with some doctrinal/tradition challenges. At least the way I was taught as a youth.

We were taught that suicide was on par with the shedding of innocent blood, and so if you decided to go down that road you would be cast into outer darkness.
We were also taught that missionaries were the elect and chosen and whatnot, and that any missionary who died in the service would be exalted without question to the highest order of the celestial kingdom.

Now, I'm not sure whether either of these positions is doctrine or tradition; however, either way, this opens a question. Maybe God takes an average and missionaries who commit suicide end up dead center in the glory scale???

Regardless, he was someone's son, and hope the family can find peace following the tragedy of his death.


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
Prospector wrote:
IF (and that's a big IF) this was a suicide, it presents the church with some doctrinal/tradition challenges. At least the way I was taught as a youth.

We were taught that suicide was on par with the shedding of innocent blood, and so if you decided to go down that road you would be cast into outer darkness.
We were also taught that missionaries were the elect and chosen and whatnot, and that any missionary who died in the service would be exalted without question to the highest order of the celestial kingdom.

Now, I'm not sure whether either of these positions is doctrine or tradition; however, either way, this opens a question. Maybe God takes an average and missionaries who commit suicide end up dead center in the glory scale???

Regardless, he was someone's son, and hope the family can find peace following the tragedy of his death.


http://impulsopolitico.com.mx/impulso/c ... alpan.html

I'll try and help give them left in the family some peace. That is, if more of the LDS youth can be reached before they perform an act of suicide like this kid did.

The elderly might try suicide as an escape from the discomfort of shingles but not the youthful. No Elder jokes please!



Unless all of the LDS youth are reached the Mormon mind bend will have it's way.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=normo ... B720%3B479


Trial And Error Mormonism
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50226

Tim Harford: Trial, error and the God complex
http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_harford.html

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:26 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
Ever wonder if Monson might reconsider his decisions to maybe first raise the bar and then lower age restrictions of the youth serving religious missions for his floundering LDS church?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2N1LEMnGZU

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 am
myself

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 pm
Posts: 1693
Location: England

Offline
Perhaps the announcement was to try to catch missionaries before they have more opportunities to find out the facts about the organisation.

If I see the miss in my town, I am going to ask them if they have received counselling following Peter's death. And I am going to say to them that they know my address , so if ever they need a hand, they are welcome to call. They are only kids after all, a long way from home. I can't know what I know about the organisation and not at least offer.

And I feel so bad that a few months back, when the sister miss were calling on me, one asked me how the Mormon Jesus is different to the Biblical Jesus, and out of 'respect' I did not answer. I so regret that now.

And seeing as the organisation does not take responsibility for its actions, I doubt he will regret to the level of changing the new ages.

_________________
Why leave? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 989OOSOycw
How to heal? http://media.blubrry.com/mormonexpressi ... ion225.mp3


Top
JuJuBee
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm
Nursery

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 pm
Posts: 20

Offline
Lilly wrote:
Perhaps the announcement was to try to catch missionaries before they have more opportunities to find out the facts about the organisation.

If I see the miss in my town, I am going to ask them if they have received counselling following Peter's death. And I am going to say to them that they know my address , so if ever they need a hand, they are welcome to call. They are only kids after all, a long way from home. I can't know what I know about the organisation and not at least offer.

And I feel so bad that a few months back, when the sister miss were calling on me, one asked me how the Mormon Jesus is different to the Biblical Jesus, and out of 'respect' I did not answer. I so regret that now.

And seeing as the organisation does not take responsibility for its actions, I doubt he will regret to the level of changing the new ages.

I think the lowering age announcement is to get more missionaries out. IMO, they probably think more are likely to go straight out of high school while still under their parent's roof than if they have a year or so of independence.


Top
productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm
God

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 2796
Location: NC

Offline
I think that lowering the age was to help with kids get kids going when they are transitioning anyway ... like when they complete High School before get to see the world in college.

Peace

_________________
I resigned from the Church of THE Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (Feb 2011)

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:07 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
productofchoice wrote:
I think that lowering the age was to help with kids get kids going when they are transitioning anyway ... like when they complete High School before get to see the world in college.

Peace

Corralling humas as LDS young adults into Mormon ranks surprisingly more dangerous than the military. Looking at the body count since the dropping of past age :eusa-naughty: requirements. If the older missionaries can't handle themselves what is going to happen to the eighteen year old Elders whom mostly act as if they must be fifteen or sixteen?

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
JuJuBee
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 am
Nursery

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 pm
Posts: 20

Offline
joseph's myth wrote:
productofchoice wrote:
I think that lowering the age was to help with kids get kids going when they are transitioning anyway ... like when they complete High School before get to see the world in college.

Peace

Corralling humas as LDS young adults into Mormon ranks surprisingly more dangerous than the military. Looking at the body count since the dropping of past age :eusa-naughty: requirements. If the older missionaries can't handle themselves what is going to happen to the eighteen year old Elders whom mostly act as if they must be fifteen or sixteen?

exactly. they already treat them like children who can't handle themselves, so why are they lowering the age?


Top
Scousette
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 am
Elder

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 pm
Posts: 254
Location: United Kingdom

Offline
I was saddened to see the shocking report of this boy's passing and my thoughts were with his parents, particularly his Mum. With only one exception, what struck me about the missionaries who visited me was their naievity and immaturity. Even down to things like dressing warmly enough in bad weather, I felt that it was verging on irresponsible that these kids were let loose far away from home under the conditions the church imposes on them. One who came a few times had a very weak chest and was asthmatic and turned up one very wet and cold winter evening nearly dropping with a viral infection. The city I live in is known for its damp conditions so why was the church sending someone with health issues to such a place and why was he out on a wet, cold November night? I told him he needed to have a word with someone in authority to be transferred to somewhere with cleaner, drier air & said I'd be prepared to speak up for him if need be.


Top
Prospector
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:04 am
CTR A

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 70

Offline
Yes - SLC needs to think a little harder about who they send where and how prepared the guys are. While on my mission I had at least 3 companions who were certifiably disabled. One had vertigo issues - and we were on bikes in a rural area. 2 had cognitive disabilities. One could barely speak.

Why they were put in a role where they were challenged and their disability hindered them is beyond me. It seems that other roles where their abilities would shine through would better strengthen them and make them more effective. You don't take a guy who has a hard time walking and put him on a bike with miles between appointments.

The young guys may be more effective than the older ones, I dunno. But I do know that when the next Cosmo spread comes out featuring hot Mormon Missionaries, they 17 YO's will be challenged pretty hard.


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:29 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
Check your stages on the Elisabeth Kubler Ross, five progressions of dealing with any tramatic loss.
Denial - Anger - Depression - Barganing - Resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUisfi3Mhbo

eta: Some twelve year old kid can be potentially convicted of bullying and stalking but this LDS church, including Monson himself is remaining untouchable?
I don't get it!

http://news.sky.com/story/1154997/girls ... ying-death

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
Not again?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... weden.html

Mormon missionary, 19, from Utah run over and killed while serving in Sweden

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Linda
Post  Post subject: Re: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:47 pm
User avatar
Sunbeam

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 39

Offline
Lilly wrote:
The church will not make any statement right now since this is an open investigation. They will wait until more information is available. We just buried Peter today, it was a beautiful funeral and burial. We ask for everyone for their prayers to be with Peters beautiful mom Mary. This naturally has been devastating to her and the rest of the family and friends who knew and loved Peter.

Terry Hess, friend of the family, posted today.


Even; if the LDS knows all facts; this is not said; that all facts are also published. Sometimes the LDS is like a secret service. They hides more than they says. And, what they says must not certainly be the truth.

_________________
Always question, the only bad question is the one never asked. --- Nickman


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Dead Missionary  |  Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:43 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5289

Offline
Now Guam.

LDS missionary dies from fall...

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:   
cron

Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.