View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:46 am

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: The 2013 edition of Scriptures - not just spelling changes  |  Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:44 pm

"The 2013 edition of the scriptures is scheduled to be released August 1st in Regular sizes in Black, Burgundy, and Brown. Changes include helpful adjustments such as updating some archaic spellings, correcting mistakes in the study helps, and incorporating recent historic findings into the section headings of the Doctrine and Covenants."

I have not yet found a site that lists the changes. When one is available, I will post it, unless someone posts it before me. I am especially interested in "mistakes in the study helps" - do they mean printing mistakes or poorly expressed, or were the mistakes more important - doctrinal, principled, etc.? The only "recent historic findings" I'm aware of force Book of Mormon believers into an ever smaller zone for "the land of promise" and collapse all the great Jaredite and Mulekite and Nephite and Lamanite civilizations into a single tiny tribe surrounded by real Indians.

The comparisons and unravellings - or reravellings - will be exciting.

"Everyone has to find his own path." - Ip-Man

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: The 2013 edition of Scriptures - not just spelling chang  |  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:20 am

The frustrating thing about the constant changes is that the members don't even see them as problems.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The 2013 edition of Scriptures - not just spelling chang  |  Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 am
God of Mythbusters

Interesting fodder for the mind Rain & Abinadi, I do believe and think we will visualize copious amounts of cherry picked abrogation in the fine print of the future.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."