View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:04 pm

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 am
God

I recently had this shared with me.

If you go on LDS.org and search for JosephSmithPapers, you will find several links supporting this site:
http://www.lds.org/search?q=josephsmith ... op-results

On JosephSmithPapers.org, you can find a hand written version of the testimony of the 8 witnesses to the book of Mormon:
http://josephsmithpapers.org/paperDetai ... s=&sm=none

What do you notice about the signatures?

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:44 am

LOL Oh my gosh. I've never seen the m before. I was going to say that they're all friends or relatives of Joseph Smith, which makes them not very credible.

But all the J's, the W's and the S's are the same. Good grief.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 am
God

I kinda want to zoom in and get a printout.

"Author and Propriator" ... Love that too.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

sleepyhead2
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am
CTR A

productofchoice wrote:
I recently had this shared with me.

If you go on LDS.org and search for JosephSmithPapers, you will find several links supporting this site:
http://www.lds.org/search?q=josephsmith ... op-results

On JosephSmithPapers.org, you can find a hand written version of the testimony of the 8 witnesses to the book of Mormon:
http://josephsmithpapers.org/paperDetai ... s=&sm=none

What do you notice about the signatures?

Peace

Hello POC,

Sorry to burst your bubble but apparently whoever has the site is in the process of making changes to the webpage. I mentioned this in a thread on the mormon discussion board.
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/vie ... =3&t=27660

Apparently they removed the source note that was there. Anyway the source note did say it was a printers manuscripot by Oliver Cowdery.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm
God

Well that's unfortunate ... for us that is.
Though, it sure would be good for the LDS if they had the actual signed document.
And it would be nice for them if the witness of the 3 didn't make a trinitarian statement.
And it wuold be nice for them if the witness of the 8 didn't claim that Joseph Smith was Author and Propriator.

Ah well.

Peace

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:19 pm

It looks like the only hope for the Church is for the Witnesses to all be liars and honest at the same time. Ah, my, that does sound like how Mormonism began, doesn't it, with Joseph Smith trying to be an honest liar. Now the current GAs have evolved into more perfectly consistent beings - dishonest liars.

thews
Post  Post subject: Re: Signatures of the 8 witnesses  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm
1st Presidency

There were actually only three witnesses to the original Book of Mormon.

Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine..they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.