View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:44 pm

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm
God

It's frustrating to spend thoughtful time replying to somebody who makes an accusation and runs.

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

productofchoice wrote:
It's frustrating to spend thoughtful time replying to somebody who makes an accusation and runs.

productofchoice,

I really believe the author of this work accomplished what they set out to accomplish — they had some fun. And, they are probably still getting laughs as we continue to feed their ego by responding to the OP. Here is why I do not believe this post is genuine. It contains Eleven misspelled words, yet, only one is misspelled in the traditional sense — “blabering.” There are a few words which should have used capital letters such as “Internet” and “Christian;” however, the rest of the misspelled words I believe show a deliberate attempt at misspelling.

“Waist” instead of “waste,” “their” instead of “they’re,” etc. Could anyone apply the wrong meaning to all of these words by accident, and, yet spell them correctly? It just seems so tongue and cheek. There appears to be intelligence lurking behind the supposed dumbness.
Quote:
Ok, I'm no perfect christian or "Mormon" but i think its fair for me to say that this is a pretty sad waist of time to get on the internet and try to disprove and complain about other peoples beliefs. If you go out looking for anything bad about the LDS church that you can find, do you expect to find good? No. These "apostles" are good men that honestly believe in what there saying and they do not gain any real prophet from there positions. Another thing is, get your facts straight before you go blabering about the internet telling people their all dishonest and corrupt. Because odds are their just like me and you....thanks

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm

BornAgainChristian wrote:
treating everyone as a troll is really a great way to scare off sincere seekers as well.
My experience has been that when someone registers and posts a single comment within minutes of registering, and immediately leaves, and does not return for a week, chances are it was a troll. When I make a mistake, I make amends. If TheCommonSense is not a troll, I will untroll my suspicion.

Sincere investigators are not scared off. Lurking, they see that sincere people receive warm welcomes. Some introductions and welcomes are less smooth than others, depending on what and how they post. But exmormons and people who are simply questioning Mormonism, still mostly believing in the religion, but asking questions about leadership or policies or history or whatever, know they are welcome here. We do have disagreements - sometimes strong ones - but that's what happens everywhere. The important thing here, is that if you are sincere and honest, you will find a welcome, you will be listened to, you will be accepted as you are, whether recovering exmormon or questioning still-mormon or something else. Even true believing Mormons are allowed here as they are, if they are up-front about it, and follow the rules.

If TheCommonSense is sincere and has something solid to say, or a challenging question, I hope he comes back and shares it with us.

thews
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:52 pm
1st Presidency

thecommonsense wrote:
Ok, I'm no perfect christian or "Mormon" but i think its fair for me to say that this is a pretty sad waist of time to get on the internet and try to disprove and complain about other peoples beliefs.

What's a "waist" of time is hearing from idiots who don't understand what a discussion consists of.

Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine..they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 am
God of Mythbusters

Hey Thews! Welcome back! Hope life has been going well for you in your absence here...I'm still running your plate # on my chariot...Tim 4:3

Kinda says it all doesn't it?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Come On Guys  |  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 pm

It's Thews! Good to see ya. :)