View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Joseph Smith was a man, imperfect.
Mormons will tell you that.
Joseph Smith was also the Lord's mouthpiece.
They will tell you that.
Therefore when Joseph Smith tells you he is speaking the word of the Lord,
there is no imperfection - his words are perfect - his teachings are perfect.

And that is where the trouble begins,
and why Joseph Smith is so central to Mormonism
and why belief in Joseph Smith is what keeps people trapped in a mind-set
that is the same as granting him, even as "a man", infallibility. Perfection.

He IS just a man, you are right,
but Mormons do NOT see that,
because they see God's breath and words and truth and commandments
coming right directly out of Joseph Smith's holy mouth.
They dare not go against that.
Unless they realize that Joseph Smith is not what he claimed to be.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 am
God of Mythbusters

And when one looks at the facts, one will see multiple patterns of deception, and much controversey, which followed him where ever he went.....all these things happened or occurred for real reasons...IF, what the church claims is true, then the controversey following Joseph would have ended, but it didn't, because his negative behaviors were recurrent and ongoing...

Is is no small wonder now, that controversey is the biggest danger to the sitting Profit?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am
Bishop

Location: Southern US (yes, there really is life outside of UT & post LDS)

Well, truebelieving LDS would argue that Joe Smith wasn't a conman bent on creating trouble everywhere he went. They'd say Holy Bible thumpers felt threatened by his BOM & so they persecuted him & his followers. In a nutshell, according to them he wasn't intending to be a troublemaker- the issue was others felt threatened by his claims which threatened their religion. And, they'd get mad at us for even listening to another viewpoint. It seems they turn on us 1st yet still expect our undying loyalty & devotion :(

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 am
God of Mythbusters

Playing out that persecution card mentality solves a lot of their cogdis problems.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
Playing out that persecution card mentality solves a lot of their cogdis problems.

Only if solved means reshelf the problems back onto the already shaky and further loosened, overloaded and sagging Mormon wall ledge steadily becoming increasingly vulnerable to crashing down all at once and much more sooner than later.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

thews
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:52 pm
1st Presidency

BornAgainChristian wrote:
I wonder if going through the Old Testament which predates Joseph Smith may help you. It's full of prophets called by God who are imperfect people. LDS never pray to Joe Smith nor depend on him as a messiah to save them so there is no need for him to be perfect & infallible in order to be a prophet

The notion that fault can be found in the bible, thus justifying Joseph Smith's lies is ludicrous. Mormonism is either true, or it is not true, based on the facts. The "no one is perfect" ploy is nothing but a smokescreen to make excuses for Joseph's myth. In the end, if occult magic rocks bring new and improved Christian doctrine, one has to find out about those seer stones and their origin... I have many facts if you're interested.

Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine..they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: My doubts were my fault...until recently  |  Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:38 am
God of Mythbusters

When investigating impartially, facts and evidence are always important in arriving at any one persons truth.