View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 am
God of Poly-Folly

Abinadi wrote:
I feel like a real idiot now. I always do at election time.
I listen to everyone, and think, okay, you know what you are talking about, so you're right.
So I believe them and expect what they say will happen, will happen.
Now I see these reports from voting precincts.
And it's nothing like what I was told over and over it would be like!
It's not like what I thought the polls were saying.
It's not like what "commentators" were saying.
I do not know who is going to win.
When votes are divided, then I think neither candidate is obviously right.
If votes are divided 50-50 or 55-45, then neither candidate is clearly "the best".
They are both just "average". They both get about half the vote.
So neither one has exceptional energy, exceptional charisma, exceptional truth.
I'm sick.
I hate politics.
This was the first time I voted in years.
I don't think I'll ever vote again. :(

Ah-ha, expectations, any and all that all lead to the same lonely place, disappointment.

I voted but seem to have examined things long enough that I would care little if Romney had won, maybe care even less that Obama is working on his apparent legacy now. And am so overly joyful that I do not have to listen to one speck of how great the Mormon church is with Mitt as a U.S. White Horse Prophecy President. What an invasion that would have been, whew!

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: The Redemption of Fox  |  Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 pm

One good thing that came of it for me, I guess, is that about two weeks before the election, I started watching news programs, including Fox news, the official Fox one. And I watched for about two weeks after the election. The impression I had once had about Fox being totally conservative has changed. There are a couple of programs that have an articulate liberal or Democrat in them. One is "Five". I think those are three conservatives, one liberal, and one I have not been able to figure out yet. I forget the other show, but the fellow on it was "Colmes" who used to have a show with someone else. Anyway, there is some back and forth, and it's not too bad, and they really do all seem to like each other, to be friends outside of their political differences. Now that I'm not watching much news again, I still turn on "Five" sometimes.

So I'm not so up-tight about Fox now. They are not the 100% Republican station I thought they were. They are maybe the 80% conservative station. :) CSPAN is the 99% impossible to read station. There was only one fellow who I saw get irritated at someone, so I figured he wasn't hiding his views very well. Most of the people on CSPAN, I can't tell what side of the divide they are on, or if they are right on the divide, or - some of them look so bored, like judges in a court room, I can't help but wonder if they are even really interested in politics at all. :? CNN has a great reputation, and they do report on a lot of things. But they also seem to leave a lot out. I haven't found other news stations as reliable (consistent) or reputable (respected) as these three. Too bad there isn't a station heavily tilted towards the Libertarian Party, or the Constitution Party. I bet they would make more interesting news.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Sanity is usually found on Australian news outlets.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:28 pm
God of Mythbusters

In the UK, there are some good stations as well.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 am

I found some site - on my "other" computer - that has Australian radio, and BBC is on the internet. Sometimes their reporting is pretty good. Sometimes personal blogs seem even more informative than the "professional" "journalists".

Wm.Law
Post  Post subject: Re: The Redemption of Fox  |  Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 pm
1st Counselor Bishopric

Abinadi wrote:
One good thing that came of it for me, I guess, is that about two weeks before the election, I started watching news programs, including Fox news, the official Fox one. And I watched for about two weeks after the election. The impression I had once had about Fox being totally conservative has changed. There are a couple of programs that have an articulate liberal or Democrat in them. One is "Five". I think those are three conservatives, one liberal, and one I have not been able to figure out yet. I forget the other show, but the fellow on it was "Colmes" who used to have a show with someone else. Anyway, there is some back and forth, and it's not too bad, and they really do all seem to like each other, to be friends outside of their political differences. Now that I'm not watching much news again, I still turn on "Five" sometimes.

So I'm not so up-tight about Fox now. They are not the 100% Republican station I thought they were. They are maybe the 80% conservative station. :) CSPAN is the 99% impossible to read station. There was only one fellow who I saw get irritated at someone, so I figured he wasn't hiding his views very well. Most of the people on CSPAN, I can't tell what side of the divide they are on, or if they are right on the divide, or - some of them look so bored, like judges in a court room, I can't help but wonder if they are even really interested in politics at all. :? CNN has a great reputation, and they do report on a lot of things. But they also seem to leave a lot out. I haven't found other news stations as reliable (consistent) or reputable (respected) as these three. Too bad there isn't a station heavily tilted towards the Libertarian Party, or the Constitution Party. I bet they would make more interesting news.
I gave up on expecting anything of substance from TV news. The media distorts the information that it can convey in such a manner that its only benefit is for entertainment. Therefore, the only news shows that I do watch are those that make no pretense of having any other purpose than to entertain, i.e., The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

A very good book that explains why this is so is Neil Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business. As it says in the book description on Amazon: "[it] is a prophetic look at what happens when politics, journalism, education, and even religion become subject to the demands of entertainment."

And if I die tonight, Would it all make sense?
And if I die tonight, Would the wind chip away at my soul forever?
"Goodbye Tonight"
Seether Isolate and Medicate

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 am
God of Mythbusters

It is hard to find objective reporting that has not been screened for some of the viewpoints you mentioned Wm. Just facts...no loaded language, etc.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:05 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Why Mitt Romney couldn't undo his completely Google-able brainwashing which definitely now has cost himself a bit more than he might be able to fathom, corresponds with what practically all ExMormons know about the terrifying trap that is Mormonism.

Wow, and I don't mean in a tea and coffee way!

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 am
God of Mythbusters

I'll drink to that anyday!

Wm.Law
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 am
1st Counselor Bishopric

teoma2 wrote:
It is hard to find objective reporting that has not been screened for some of the viewpoints you mentioned Wm. Just facts...no loaded language, etc.
The problem is more insidious than just the presentation of facts or skewing them to fit their agenda. The way information is presented by TV or video prohibits deep analysis or thought. If it is not entertaining, i.e., able to keep your interest, it is not aired.

So, whether it is Faux News, CNN, or MSNBC, it does not matter. There is no depth to their reporting or "analysis." There is no time for someone to give a nuanced viewpoint as they have to move on to the next story or idea, or they will lose your interest.

"Goodbye Tonight"

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am
God of Mythbusters

The locally owned and operated 'news' stations in SLC don't seem to have that attention span problem William, as I think they intentionally go at a slower pace to let their screened lessons sink in better. When you deal with the local IL sheep viewers, you have to give/allow them more time to absorb, or suck it up fully. Now that's real salesmanship in my estimation, catering to the viewers real needs.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 am

You're right, Wm. Law, news is shallow!

Internet sources are more detailed, but most people seem to be distracted by entertainers, celebrities, sex, and videogames - in that exact order, reversed. Videogames takes priority over all the other, in many lives.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 am
God of Poly-Folly

Abinadi wrote:
You're right, Wm. Law, news is shallow!

Internet sources are more detailed, but most people seem to be distracted by entertainers, celebrities, sex, and videogames - in that exact order, reversed. Videogames takes priority over all the other, in many lives.

Even still, Romney couldn't quite do what it takes to make it happen.

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 am
God of Mythbusters

Some of his pre election claims were found to be way out there...kinda Way Mo, in my estimation. What he said or thought, didn't quite match up at times with the facts...but I did like his ceativity, like when he coined the catch phrase: "binders full of women." Now that is a hoot!

Wm.Law
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 pm
1st Counselor Bishopric

teoma2 wrote:
...but I did like his ceativity, like when he coined the catch phrase: "binders full of women."
Isn't that what he's expecting he'll get in the Celestial Kingdom?

"Goodbye Tonight"

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 am
God of Mythbusters

Expectations do not make reality, Wm. So, what he may think is his business. And as long as it doesn't interfere with my life, I could care less what he thinks now.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 am
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
Expectations do not make reality, Wm. So, what he may think is his business. And as long as it doesn't interfere with my life, I could care less what he thinks now.

Can you try and imagine mean ol Mitt making one last bout at an attempt to try and enter maybe the last waiting stage-light, as a possibly much kinder, up and coming PostMormon spokesperson?

LDS Intellectual Lean-ness may be helpful in preventing any real worry from actually developing or possibly making it a feasible realization.

God of Poly-Folly Folly

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 pm
God of Mythbusters

Latest press release today indicated that the Mittster had found some new employment. What now? Anybody else hear about this?

smartenough
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm
High Priest

I hear Mitt Romney is going back to the corporate world and may be on the board of directors for the Marriott Hotels Company.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Mitt Romney's Prayer To Reach The Big-Time  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm
God of Mythbusters

Some birds of a feather, do stick together, eh?