Hello board.
I'm looking at my "Background Information" @ zoominfo
Quote:
Employment History
Seattle Temple
LDS Church
Author
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Rich-Kelsey/1311321836

I'm not the one who created that profile. Somehow my name is related to Mormonism. So, I'm wondering if that is enough for me to fit in at a local meet up with some Ex-Mormons. I've already signed up. We are having the meeting at a coffee shop right next to the Seattle Temple so I could easily walk over there. If I get thrown out I may mention it here. If you don't hear from me, that means I probably enjoyed the meeting.
Rich

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:23 am
God of Poly-Folly

You'd be more than welcome at my meet-up anytime, everytime, and each time Rich.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:59 am
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

joseph's myth wrote:
You'd be more than welcome at my meet-up anytime, everytime, and each time Rich.

joseph's myth
Hey brother.
You are the one who made it possible for me to go to the meet-up in the first place. Instead of me saying, "I'm a Never-Mo? I can proudly explain to the group, "I am an honorary Ex-Mormon."
I still remember the day you conferred that title upon me.
How could I forget that day. It was like in the movie The Wizard of Oz, when they quit filming in black & white and started filming in color. The sky turned blue, the waters too, & trees came alive with a greenish hue.
Oh my! When I walk in with my long hair looking like something the cat dragged in, I will feel right at home.
Thank you joseph's myth.
Rich

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 am
God of Mythbusters

Why don't you report back and relate to us how your time went? Based on what has been observed Rich, I would think that you would be a great asset to any group!

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:48 pm

teoma2 wrote:
Why don't you report back and relate to us how your time went? Based on what has been observed Rich, I would think that you would be a great asset to any group!

teoma2.
Ok. I will say a few things about the meet-up: Everyone was very friendly. At one point we were all asked to introduce ourselves & mention how long we were LDS, etc. My introduction went over ok. The only problem I had with the group: Because my hearing is almost shot, I could hardly hear anything. All the background noise did not help matters either.

I did meet a couple of people. The coffee was good. I may go back?

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 pm

One other thing, last night I was watching PBS and I saw an old Ed Sullivan show with the 60s rock group Sly and The Family Stone in it. I captured a screen shot / freeze frame, of Sly Stone; then this morning I crafted my sideburns to match his pork chop sideburns to a tee. Is it possible when I walked in the coffee shop today someone mistook me for Sly Stone? Who knows? One thing is for certain: I really like the new pork chop look.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:18 am
God of Mythbusters

Feel free now to groom your facial hair anyway you like Rich. I have a neighbor/friend down the street who is in agriculture and outside pretty much every day. He is allergic to the sun, so he wears wide brimmed sombrero type hats along with long sleeve cotton shirts, wrap around sunglasses and annually grows a protective beard which he never fails to apologize for every time we meet. Come fall and winter he's clean shaven until the frost is out of the ground again, and regrows his natural bushy sunscreens for additional protection. Regardless of his medical condition, he is ALWAYS apologetic for NOT being clean shaven. I feel sorry for him, thinking that he has to be clean shaven to be accepted by the other members around here.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: meet up  |  Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 am

teoma2 wrote:
Feel free now to groom your facial hair anyway you like Rich. I have a neighbor/friend down the street who is in agriculture and outside pretty much every day. He is allergic to the sun, so he wears wide brimmed sombrero type hats along with long sleeve cotton shirts, wrap around sunglasses and annually grows a protective beard which he never fails to apologize for every time we meet. Come fall and winter he's clean shaven until the frost is out of the ground again, and regrows his natural bushy sunscreens for additional protection. Regardless of his medical condition, he is ALWAYS apologetic for NOT being clean shaven. I feel sorry for him, thinking that he has to be clean shaven to be accepted by the other members around here.

teoma2
When I was going to bible college I played an electric guitar, rode a motorcycle & wore blue suede shoes. I've always tried to live my life without conforming to the mandates of men. The one thing I was not able to have any freedom with in my bible college years was the hair standard. Sideburns were not allowed. Long hair was not allowed.

During college, when I was living in a dorm, I was called into the head of the dorm's office one day. He informed me that he was kicking my roommate out of the dorm because his sideburns were below the bottom of his ears and the guy refused to cut them. Then he asked me:

"What do you think about that, Rich?"

My reply,

"If it were up to me I would preach the gospel & let the church members determine the exact length of their hair."

I was then told to move out of the dorm. As I was leaving the man bore his testimony:

"If the pastor asked me to wear green plaid pants & only green plaid pants I would do so without question."

(sigh)

That was when I knew I was in a cult.

I left the church over that saying and a phone call I received from the pastor in question. The man started the conversation with the words:

"What is your problem."

The last church I ministered in allowed me to have long hair, sideburns, play the electric guitar through a Mesa amplifier stack, right on stage, in front of everybody.

Hey, I grew up in the 60s. I like the long hair look.

Thanks for the encouragement.