View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

AJFreedom
Post  Post subject: Baptized verses Blessed  |  Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:42 pm
Nursery

I am about to start the process to remove my name, and my eldest sons name (22), but for my two younger children, in their teens (they were never baptized, only blessed, are their names even on the church records?? I am not an expert so I am unsure if they are even considered members. Thanks for any input and for this site. :) (this is my first post)
AJ

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Baptized verses Blessed  |  Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:17 pm
myself

Hello! Welcome!

Congrats for your process of name removal. Email msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

To: Confidential Records: msr-confrec@ldschurch.org
Subject: Resignation of membership in LDS church

My full name is ______; my date of birth is ____________ . [I was baptized on ___(date). My membership number is ______.]
My residence address is _______ [in the ________ ward/branch].

I hereby resign my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, effective immediately, and request you to remove my name permanently from your membership records. I wish no further contact from representatives of your church except to confirm that my name has been removed from your records. I expect to receive that confirmation within a reasonably short time.

The two younger children will need to be included too since they have not yet reached adulthood. A membership record is created after a baby blessing and they are counted as members, they are called 'children of record'. If such a baby reaches adulthood without being baptised, then name removal is not necessary. But I am not exactly sure what age constitutes adulthood, I imagine it is 18? Anyway I would definitely include them.

2 to 8 weeks will see this all done :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Baptized verses Blessed  |  Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 am
God

Hi AJ,

For minors, both parents need to sign or they won't process it and (in my case) they might not even tell you until later people keep contacting you about the children.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17