View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 pm

TaylorAmanda
Post  Post subject: Name Removal as a Convert  |  Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:48 am
Nursery

I only joined the Mormon Church a little over a year ago, and have to come to realize that I've been lying to myself about what I believe. I'm trying to go inactive, but since I've been falling back a bit, I'm getting all sorts of texts and calls about responsibilities (I'm still called as a ward missionary) and the missionaries wanting to meet with me. I just wanted to go inactive so I didn't have to resign, since I have many friends in the church, including the elders who baptized me. Now I'm thinking maybe I should resign?

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: Name Removal as a Convert  |  Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 am
Founder

If you want them to stop bothering you then yes, you have to resign. You may be able to tell them you are not interested now but as long as your name is on their rolls as 'active' they will attempt to reactivate you indefinitely.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Name Removal as a Convert  |  Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:56 am
God

Hi TaylorAmanda,

If you push the "Don't Contact" me angle, I think you will have much the same results WRT friendships as you get with resignation.

Going inactive really is just playing hard to get and they will shower you with affection aka "Love Bomb" you until they get you back. I've been in those LDS meetings where we talk about the less active and assign people to contact them and we have talked about others who are inactive an told us not to contact them.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17