View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am

erin119
Post  Post subject: Update: Letter received  |  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:43 pm
Nursery

I received a letter from the Mormon church notifying me they received my resignation letter. It mentioned that the local bishop will be contacting me which should be an easy conversation considering I've never met him. Is there anything I should prepare for? Are they known for using scare tactics in an attempt to get members to stay? I can't wait until this mess is sorted out... Also I heard they would still count me as a member after I'm removed, is this true? If it is that's so misleading.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Update: Letter received  |  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:06 pm
myself

Hi! You don't need to prepare other than just be confident and communicate clearly that you are resigning, it is not up for discussion and would he please do his part of the administration. He just needs to check that you are not being coerced and then he just sends an email back to membership records and that is over.

No, there are no scare tactics, they do not try to prevent resignations, membership records is there to process your leaving. They do not wish to look like a cult, they are pretending to be a Christian church, and if they make things hard to leave, it looks like a cult.

The bishop may or may not come over caring and try to get you to stay for your own good, but you can shut that down straight away.

I believe that over the past year, it has changed and now name removed people are no longer counted as members but I have no proof, just what I have heard in the ex mo hood.

Plenty of folk will say you don't need to meet him but if you can, it will make for a far smoother time of it and it will be over pronto, it is just the procedure and it is a procedure worth cooperating with as it helps you get name removed. And it also gives you a wonderful opportunity to shine your strength and can be very healing.

I played a favourite radio station in the background while the bishop was in my house and that helped a lot and I made sure friends of mine knew what was happening, so I felt very supported emotionally through it.

Go get him, You'll do great.