View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 am

erin119
Post  Post subject: So...what next?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:05 pm
Nursery

I sent out my letter of resignation to the Mormon church today, and I was wondering is there another step I have to take? Will I be harassed by phone calls from the local Mormon church in an attempt to contact me? I did mention in the letter that I only want to be contacted notifying me that the letter was received, is that all there is to it? I guess I'm so used to having to defend myself from these people that it all seems so easy to get removed. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the church since being removed? I'm new to this ordeal, so any advice I could get would be great.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: So...what next?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:12 pm
myself

Standard procedure is that the Bishop will contact you in order to check that you do wish to resign and are not being coerced, then he sends an email to membership records to say this is so and then you are out. You may or may not get a letter before this happens to say they have received your request and are handling it.

If you at all can, then I always think it is better to go along with the procedure as it will make it smoother for you.
It may only take 2 weeks.

Standard expected time to process is 6/8 weeks. There is a difference because of human factors ie the Bishop may be on holiday or be a bit slower to act for example.

Membership records are not the enemy, they are helping you to have your name removed.

Your surely find lots of stressy stories of peoples' journeys out but a whole load of smooth ones too. We are doing quite well on 2 weeks on here at the moment :)

The Board isn't going anywhere, take it all step by step :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: So...what next?  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:59 am
God

Hi Erin,

Like Melanie says, there are a few steps that they follow when processing your request. They have work to do, you are free.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

erin119
Post  Post subject: Re: So...what next?  |  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:51 pm
Nursery

update: I finally received my letter from them notifying me that I'm no longer a member. Thank you to you all for your support and your guidance. You helped me through the process and I hope to be able to help others in return.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: So...what next?  |  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:45 pm
myself

18 days! Cool, Congrats. You have a brilliant story of encouragement for those who are just that tiny bit behind you and considering their options. Speak it loud. Way to Go. :)