View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:49 am

rachelsabodski
Post  Post subject: Church is stalling, been two and a half months  |  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:08 pm
Nursery

It has been two and a half months since I sent my resignation letter. I got a letter back from the church saying that my request was and "ecclesiastical matter" and that it would have to be handled by my local priesthood. They said that they would send a copy of my resignation letter to the stake president and the bishop and that they would be contacting me, but so far nobody has contacted me, and I still don't have my confirmation letter stating that I am no longer a member of the church. I just sent another letter to them demanding that they send me my confirmation letter immediately, since neither the stake president or the bishop have contacted me, but we'll see if they actually do. If I don't get my letter within the next two weeks, my next step is to call them. Is or has anybody else had to wait this long, and if so, how did you handle it? How long did it take to finally get your confirmation letter?

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Church is stalling, been two and a half months  |  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:29 am
God

Hi Rachel,

It does seem slow to me. The local Bishop / Stake Pres should have gotten the letter by now. They may be unfamiliar with what to do and what the steps are or busy in other ways.

If you know the locals, you can pester them.
If you want, you can yell at HQ Via email. That might be faster.

What's next is that Locals will contact you and give you as last chance to change your mind before they "push the button". Then they will want to personally deliver the letter so you have another round of pressure... at least that's how it went for us a few years ago.

You can be vocal with HQ, with emails to Bishop/Stake Pres or with the media. Those are all options depending on how Quiet/Loud you want to be. The church doesn't want you to be loud.

2 weeks recess for them is longer than it should be. 1 week at most for the next step IMO.

When we resigned, we sent paper mail to both HQ and Bishop and Stake Pres so all interested parties were contacted from the beginning. You could still do that. If you use registered mail it gives it another notch of importance to them.

In the end, it's all going to happen. You are free, they just haven't let go yet.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

rltkmkc
Post  Post subject: Re: Church is stalling, been two and a half months  |  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:19 am
Nursery

I found it next to impossible to find addresses to send thing to the stake president and local bishop. The churches where these guys would be list an address but mail came back undelivered. I called the St. Louis temple and they had me send a letter to them to be forwarded to the stake president, but his secretary said that never happened. Phone calls to the local bishop went unreturned as well. I never knew any of these people it had been forty year since I had been to church and I resigned 3 years ago when some home teachers showed up on my door step.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Church is stalling, been two and a half months  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:35 pm

I wrote directly to a Stake President near me, and after a little tussling back and forth, the Stake "authorities" took care of it. You are not quitting a ward, nor a stake for that matter. You are quitting The CHURCH! Watson or someone like that was Secretary of something or other. I also exchanged some letters with him. Eventually, Stake and Secretary got my name removed. At least they said they did. I also asked for a copy of my records. That was denied me because my records were "confidential". Isn't that interesting - records of me are confidential from me. If I ever joined the Mormon Church again, I would work to become a "Ward Secretary," and order a copy of my old records under my old name.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Church is stalling, been two and a half months  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:02 am
God

Hi Rachael,

The harder they make it to leave, the more they look like a cult.

If you contact headquarters, they will forward it to local authorities and that should be good enough to get things moving however your results will be as unique as the people you deal with.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17