View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 am

krisahannah
  Post  Post subject: Removing names of children, when ex is still Mormon  |  Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:46 pm
Nursery

I far from practice the LDS faith anymore. I have not removed my name because of my seven year old daughter. My ex husband still goes to church, and so does all his family. I got baptized when we got married. We have a seven year old who is getting close to the age of getting baptized (in August). I want to protect her from that until she is old enough to decide for herself.

If I remove my name, can I remove her name also? And if so, can my ex husband put her name back in the records since he still goes to church? I only want to remove my name if I can successfully remove both mine and my daughters name.

Also, don't know if it will make a difference, but I am writing a letter to his bishop, stake president and the church stating my intentions... no consent to have her baptized and no to having her records transferred into his name (as he requested two days ago).

New to this... any insight would be helpful.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Removing names of children, when ex is still Mormon  |  Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:29 pm
God

So you can resign and control your own membership.

Your daughter ... if you both don't sign will not be able to resign. Likewise, you both should have to give consent for her to join.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Removing names of children, when ex is still Mormon  |  Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 pm

I'm not sure that she needs to resign if she isn't baptised yet. She's only a child of record and not a full-fledged member. The trick will be to keep her unbaptised, if your ex is determined to baptise her.