View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:14 am

Mrmr9
Post  Post subject: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am
Nursery

So I sent my resignation email a couple of days ago and received a reply the very next day it reads as follows:

We have received your request that your name be removed from the membership records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Your letter did not contain enough information to enable our office to correctly identify your membership record. Consequently, we are returning your letter.

If you still desire to have your name removed from the membership records of the Church please send a letter to this office that contains your full name, date of birth, and a current street address. We will use this information to correctly identify your membership record to remove your name.

Sincerely,
Confidential Records

The letter DID contain my full name, and my date of birth, I did not want to put in my current address. Because a) I dont live in the sameplace I was baptized at anymore so what would they need it for?? (unless it really is to identify me?) and b) Id really prefer no contact from church members. BECAUSE I am mexican I dont know if I have to follow different procedures to leave the church? But as far as I know all of the records and contacts are kept by the church administration in the states.

help?? Im not sure how to answer or what to do :/

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:00 pm
myself

LOL, They need to identify the appropriate Stake / bishop now. That is how the admin procedures work. It doesn't necessarily mean anyone would physically contact you although that is a foundational procedure, things are a' changing. I think that was a kind email you received. Goodness, I'd have given them my height and weight as well as everything I did give them for it to have helped me resign. Its your call.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:21 pm
God of Mythbusters

Might send another request, stipulating further, that any personal contact as a result of this additional information sharing will be viewed by your attorney as harassment and let it go again.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:02 pm

I got so upset at the run-around I got - because I wasn't willing to give them my address at the time - I told them, "Just use whatever address you have on record. It doesn't matter to me, because I don't go to any ward!" And they finally did, through the Stake Presidency of my last ward. It's easier if you give them your actual address, I suppose, but then you want to be very, very firm when someone comes knocking at your door, saying, "Oh, we miss you so much!" ('Even though we never talked to you.')

Mrmr9
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:51 pm
Nursery

thanks guys! I think ill send them my adress from when I was in the ward, I dont think they would need my current one right? :)

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:52 am
myself

Current address is asked for by the procedure. There may be ways round this but they will be bound to delay the process.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Im from mexico..  |  Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 am
God

"We miss you so much. Come back."

What do you miss about me?
When did we hang out in the past?
What did you do when nobody was counting it or overseeing it?

If they just "miss seeing you there" then they miss the feeling of a large organization with lots of supportive members. If they miss the feeling that they are in the crowd and on the right path. They fear man more than God. They feel encourage by the feeling of growth ... and you are an assignment and a number, not a real friend. Sometimes that's hard to swallow because we like to think other wise. But it's much quicker to fake friendship than it is to make a real friend ... and it's much less risk too. You don't have to really open up and expose your heart and that's scary.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17