View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. letter  |  Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:29 am
Nursery

Hello all!

Brand new to the boards, and I have a question regarding how long it takes to get the initial confirmation that Membership Records received my resignation letter.

I emailed my letter to them on Monday evening. (The letter was essentially a slightly modified version of Sample Resignation Letter #3.) From what I've been reading on the site, I'm supposed to get a confirmation that Membership Records received my letter; however, I've not heard anything back yet. I realize it's still very early in the process, but I figured they would have emailed me back within a day or two. So...for those of you that have emailed your resignation letters:
  • Did you get a confirmation of receipt sent back to you?
  • Did the confirmation come via email or snail mail?
  • How long did it take to get a confirmation back?

Thanks!
Matt

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:34 am
God

Hi Matt

Someone just went through the email process and posted the time line here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52022

Maybe that gives you some idea of what they might do.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 am
myself

Hi, it is not an exact science! I resigned by email and received nothing at all to say that they had received my resignation. My final letter, paper, arrived after about 10 weeks. But this was 2.5 years ago in England, so I expect process to be faster now, as Brandon experienced. Sometimes you need or needed to stay on top of things, as the process does depend on individuals. But we know plenty of tricks, so get back to us if you need any but I don't think you will. Congratulations on your resignation.

lilirish
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 am
Sunbeam

I emailed last Wednesday, and just received my Confirmation of Receipt (via Snail Mail) yesterday. I'm about 2k miles from SLC in the same country. If you are in a different country it might take longer. From what I've seen all the CoR letters come via snail mail.

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:10 pm
Nursery

Hmmm. Starting to wonder whether or not they got it then. I'm also in the midwestern US, so I don't have any reason to think that mail from should be delayed.

I digitally signed my email; I wonder if that confused them?

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 am
myself

I am sure they received it. Give it a couple of weeks more.

lilirish
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:49 am
Sunbeam

That is unusual. A digital signature shouldn't have confused them. I digitally signed mine. You did include a physical address, correct?

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:03 am
Nursery

lilirish wrote:
That is unusual. A digital signature shouldn't have confused them. I digitally signed mine. You did include a physical address, correct?

Yup, right underneath my name at the bottom of my email.

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:31 am
Nursery

Melanie wrote:
I am sure they received it. Give it a couple of weeks more.

Yeah...I'm trying to be patient. My SO is reminding me that my impatience is giving them some power over me...so I'm trying not to let it bug me. It's just odd that other people (esp. within a week of when I sent mine in) got their responses back sooner.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:48 am
myself

It is a minute sample we see. Over 100,000 resignations a year, world wide, all dealt with by one little office. I never received any confirmation, as I said before. Standard advice is to wait 6 weeks before any need for concern. It is so great when it is over for folk within days, but really that is not always achieved. I know it is stressful when you want it so much but your SO is right.

Ok, little action you can take...do you know your membership number?

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:55 am
Nursery

Melanie wrote:
Ok, little action you can take...do you know your membership number?

No clue.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:21 am
myself

Ohhh, never mind, just a little trick I know to check status of your resignation. Back to patience then. It will work out. I have never ever heard of anyone who wanted to resign who was not able to get their resignation processed.

lilirish
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 am
Sunbeam

If you want to be a thorn in their side you can do what Infymus says "Be patient, but be strong and persevere. If you have not heard anything back from Membership Records in two (2) weeks, again send your resignation letter. " and just bombard them again next week.

Infymus' post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49589

Or just kick back and move on to other things and hopefully by 6 weeks you will get the final letter.

Kalma
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:44 pm
Nursery

Just got my acknowledgement letter in the mail. I sent the resignation email for myself and my children back in January and heard nothing. It wasn't until last Wednesday when I resent it with harsher language mentioning my lawyer that I got my letter.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 am
God

Excellent!

So that was the "we got your request and forwarded it on" letter or the "You're out" letter?

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Correct6000Hulls
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:04 pm
Nursery

Ok...I think it's time for me to re-send it. I've gotten *nothing* so far, not even a confirmation of receipt...

Kalma
Post  Post subject: Re: Haven't received confirmation of receipt of resign. lett  |  Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:52 pm
Nursery

Yeah, totally resend it. Email them a new copy every day. Mention the fact that it would be a shame to get a lawyer involved. You will have your ""we got your request and forwarded it on" letter in a week. Then keep up on them and hopefully get the congrats on being out one before too long. I am still waiting on my congrats you are out one, so let us know if you get out before me. :)