View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:27 am

Brandon87
  Post  Post subject: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:44 pm
Nursery

Received my final letter in the mail today confirming my name has been officially removed from the records! Gotta admit, it felt a little anti-climactic, maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet. But in any case, it is a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders and I feel like I can finally move forward to a new chapter in life!

For anyone interested, I thought I'd share my timeline of the resignation process. It was a LOT faster than I thought it would be.

Feb. 5- sent resignation letter using sample letter from this site, with a few tweaks I added to it **SENT VIA EMAIL** highly recommended!

Feb. 11th- received "acknowledged" letter in postal mail ("this is ecclesiastical matter, etc etc") no "invitations", pamphlets, threats of "court". **this letters was dated Feb. 5th, same day as they received my email**

Feb. 16th- received final notice in postal mail of name removal from records **this letter was dated Feb. 9th**

On a side note; I have family in the same stake area as I am in and was worried they'd be informed about this in an attempt to sway me. It seems, at this point at least, that they adhered to my demand of keeping this matter confidential. Although time will only tell. All in all, a lot less painful/stressful than I was afraid it would be. Thanks to everyone here for your support and help throughout my process.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:54 pm
myself

Awesome, Congratulations, I am so happy for you and thank you for posting, it is so great for others to see how straight forward resignation can be now and how very fast. Thank you for sharing this important time with us. The Board is here whenever you feel like saying hi. Well Done. :-)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 am
God

Congrats Brandon!

WRT them keeping things quiet, it's to their benefit that they do. Their desire is that if you leave, you do so quietly so other members do not ask question and do not get the feeling that the ship is sinking.

Other benefit to them is that you don't also don't retaliate and publicize your experiences in the news and with friends. Because the harder they make it for you to leave, the more they look like a cult.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 pm
Sunbeam

i had a time line of about 2 weeks.i couldnt believe it.i think its divine intervention for me.its so nice to not have missionaries coming over every week or having to do a million things for the church.someone asked me if i was going to join a different church and i said no!!but congrats to you!!!

Dooglas
Post  Post subject: Re: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:37 pm
Nursery

Did anyone try to contact you between step two and three? I just received the "acknowledged" letter today. Freeking out that someone might come over.

I did choose a time to do this when my parents were out of town just in case they tried to illicit them into coercing me to staying.

I cannot wait to get my final letter. I think I will frame it and hang it on the wall.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Done! (w/ timeline of resignation process)  |  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 am
myself

It is normal procedure for you to be contacted in some way as the Bishop has to ascertain that you do indeed wish to resign and that you are not being co-erced. That is the procedure. You can handle that :) It will speed things up. If you hesitate on this point, everything will be delayed as you will be moving out of the normal procedure. It is OK. :)