View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Brandon87
  Post  Post subject: Questions about email vs snail mail  |  Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 am
Nursery

Hey everyone. First off I wanted to say thanks, ive just joined this forum but have been reading posts for some time now and it has greatly helped my confidence in getting this whole process started.
Im fairly confident im finally ready to send my resignation letter, ive been "inactive" for over a decade but because of close family members still active ive been too afraid of the backlash if/when they find out I want nothing to do with this organization any longer. But ill touch on that when the time comes.
Anyway, my question is regarding the process of resigning via email.is it literally the same process, and can I expect the same steps to occur as if I were to send the letter USPS? Also, by emailing, which is a very easily utilized form of contact, can I expect more more attempts at contact/trying to meet/talk etc. through repeated emails from my local ward, stake, mishies, etc.? Or will the process be as seemingly less painful as sending thru post mail appears to be?
Also, on a side note, my wife of 2 years is not, nor has she ever been a member, but I know that they know im married and have her name.should I include her name in the resignation letter? Thanks in advance for your help, it's extremely appreciated.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Questions about email vs snail mail  |  Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 am
myself

Hey, Welcome :-)

No need to include your wife's name as she is not a member.

Email every time in my opinion msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

You will receive no more attempts for contact than via a paper source.

This is an administration process. There is no need or added value to the process in including a lot of reasons why you are resigning. Keep it to your personal administration details. You will need to include a postal address if you wish them to be able to contact you via a letter.

Sometimes depending upon the country a differing response may occur with regards to what letter you may actually receive.

Know that the procedure is still that a bishop needs to confirm you are not being forced to resign against your will, he will be informed from membership records following them receiving your email, and then he emails the SP after he is sure and then back to membership records and your name is removed. But there seems to be an increasing number of cases where processing for resignation is occurring straight away, all the time the procedures are being streamlined and made more efficient. poc will say they do not like to look like a cult by making it hard for people to resign.

So I can not say exactly what will happen but you can check you have been processed resigned after about 6 weeks in a snazzy way if you still have your membership to hand. Just try to set up or access your lds account on ldschurch.org. If it does not work, you know you are marked name removal.

Cool.

The board is here to support you every step of the way. You need have no concerns about that.

Brandon87
Post  Post subject: Re: Questions about email vs snail mail  |  Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:47 am
Nursery

Thanks!