View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:32 am

Bmoudy2012
Post  Post subject: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:49 pm
Nursery

Hello everyone,

The letter was mailed today, certified letter with return receipt. I'm done!!!

Now I fear for my ward finding out, (there will be backlash) but I can deal with that later. I'm also feeling some guilt I need to work through.

Thanks for your support!!!

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:45 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Bmoudy2012 wrote:
Hello everyone,

The letter was mailed today, certified letter with return receipt. I'm done!!!

Now I fear for my ward finding out, (there will be backlash) but I can deal with that later. I'm also feeling some guilt I need to work through.

Thanks for your support!!!

You'll bounce back fine! We're all here monitoring the bungee cords I guess.

Big Congrats!!!

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm
God

Congrats!

SLC will tell your local leaders and the bishop and stake president will adjust lists and remove you from rosters. They will have to do things like make sure you no longer have home teachers (and visiting teachers?) or callings and may have to make sure you don't get those. There is some leaking of information that will have to happen and then the unpredictable part is that its people and some are better at keeping things quiet then others.

In my case, I have every reason to think that people in my ward didn't know except for key people like membership clerks, Elders Quorum pres and RS Pres... which I guess is pretty good considering the conditions.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:21 pm
myself

........and in my case, even those HT and VT that had to be informed were led to believe I had gone inactive and requested no visits etc, not told I had resigned. I expect because the bishop wanted to put the onus on me rather than on the church being a fraud. I have, with the passage of time, had great pleasure in correcting that fallacy, which also then resulted in an almost total cessation of friendship, btw. So you may find you do have a degree of control over how people will act towards you that you can fine tune as you go along and grow in this new situation and reach out to others in the process, which I think is an important responsibility if you choose to pick it up.

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:28 am
Founder

The issue with local Mormon leaders is they can't keep their mouths shut. As soon as one of the priesthood holders tells his wife, the cat is out of the bag.

Stick around and work on the issues. There are many stages to recovery and guilt is one of them. Anger is usually the next. :)

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Give me props- today was the day  |  Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:38 am
God of Mythbusters

Well stated Infy, as some may linger in their own stage or level of grief, for an indeterminate time period, and then move on..either alone or with others. And having company along the way, really helps at times...it did for me.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."