View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 am

AesirTerric
  Post  Post subject: Just submitted our resignation letter  |  Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:50 pm
Nursery

We just submitted our resignation letter for myself, my wife, and my daughter via email. I'll include the body of the email here for you to see, or for others to possibly use as a template for the email side of things

Hello, I my name is _______________. I am writing to you to request that the records for myself, my wife, and our child be removed from all membership records including, but not limited to, those involving the Relief Society and Priesthood related groups. The decision was made and mutually agreed upon by myself and my wife. Our contact information and identifying information is as follows:

_____ ______ ______
DOB: ___ __ ____
Baptized into: _________ ward
Phone: ___ ___ ____

_____ ______ ______

_____ ______ ______

Current street and mailing address:

We fully acknowledge the forfeiture of any standings within the LDS church, along with blessings or other boons previously offered or administered within.

With the submission of this letter of intent to resign our membership, we also invoke the right to have no further contact with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints' members, members of authority, or any leadership contained within the confines of the LDS church.

We also wish to make clear the situation regarding the removal of our daughter's membership records. She is under 2 years old. We emphatically urge that her records be removed as well, regardless of the LDS church's stance on her membership.

Receipt providing proof of removal from records is requested.

Thank you.

Hopefully that's enough information to take care of things. We'll see how it goes. Us resigning our membership wasn't anything new, but rather was a long time coming. There's a lawyer on Reddit right now who is pledging his time and service to represent Mormons who are looking to resign and are afraid of backlash or info being shared within the church that you have left to those who aren't involved, or who just want to be sure that the process is quick and easy in general.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ignations/

We'll see how it goes!

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: Just submitted our resignation letter  |  Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm
Founder

That is enough to have it taken care of. Be aware that the handbook states that children - yes the children - must sign, but I have only seen one instance of this where the Bishop held this as law.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Just submitted our resignation letter  |  Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 pm
God

And in divorce situations, both parents of minor children must sign ... if that applies.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17