View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 pm

AchtungBaby
Post  Post subject: How do I find local leaders contact info?  |  Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:56 pm
Nursery

I'd like to send in resignation letters for myself, spouse, and my children, but I do not have any idea who/where to send it locally. We went inactive as soon as we moved to a different state so that we could attempt a peaceful life under the radar of LDS "reactivation efforts." Plan worked GREAT, but now that we want to resign, we have no idea who the local ward leaders are.

Is it possible to resign via the Membership Records Division only? Is there such a thing as email resignations?

Thanks in advance,

AB

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: How do I find local leaders contact info?  |  Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:37 pm
myself

It is great news that you are resigning.

It is very easy.

Just email msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

Name, date of birth, membership numbers.

Just state these in the email.

Just say you are resigning with immediate effect. You may be contacted or not, it will depend upon your country and Stake. The standard time for resignation to be processed is around 6 weeks. After this time, try to log into your LDS account if you have one, or set one up on Family Search. If it does not allow you, then you know admin have done their stuff. Important this because it gives you confirmation without hassle of speaking to local leadership/ membership records.

No need to give any reasons in your email. This is not therapy, this is an admin transaction.

Sometimes a bit of fine tuning is needed along the way because of awkward personnel/ circumstances but deal with them as they arise.

My mother had her membership resignation processed in 2 weeks from me sending the email.

Congratulations.

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: How do I find local leaders contact info?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:23 am
Founder

As Melanie said, you don't have to contact local leaders. As long as you give them your full name, DOB and address, they'll ship the responsibility to the local leaders in your area.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: How do I find local leaders contact info?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:13 pm
God of Mythbusters

And, hopefully, that will be the end of that......and new beginning!

Congratulations!

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."