View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:25 am

ladybug
Post  Post subject: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 pm
Nursery

Just sent my devout LDS parents (i'm 44) "the" letter letting them know my intentions in regards to my LDS membership. That was hard but done much cleaner via email rather than in person, trust me ;)
No response yet, but I'm sure they will respond with love and understanding (my fingers are crossed). Hubby and I are doing this together, He joined after much torture from me and never believed, such a smart man. My journey to the truth has been painful and full of loss. I don't think I'll ever have a free place to stay in Utah again. sigh.
Looking forward to giving and receiving some support from y'all.
Peace. Namaste. :happy-cheerleaderkid:

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:04 am
God of Poly-Folly

Hi Namaste,

Welcome, and wishing you easy times with your devout relatives and any LDS members that could want to try and maybe stick their business where they have no business.

This is really great news, hopefully it can click and maybe kick start a trend with the people you love.

This is your breathing voice, unquenched.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

smartenough
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:44 am
High Priest

Good for you ladybug. Welcome to the Exmormon Forums. You will find lots of support as you leave the TSCC.

ladybug
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:27 pm
Nursery

Thanks you guys! Its nice to get a response that isn't attached to some concerned looks and comments, right?! gah! Its so nice to have the blinders off these peepers! I've seen the TSCC in a few post, please enlighten me as to its meaning :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:29 am
God

Hi ladybug,
Welcome!

It's tough with family. Best of luck there.
Be patient and extra loving for them (love bomb them if you will).

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:41 am
God of Mythbusters

Ladybug, TSCC= "The So Called Church." We have a list of glossary and abbreviations at the top of the page in case you're not familiar with some of the language used here.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

ladybug
  Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:18 pm
Nursery

Hi All!
Oy. I'm having a rough time today, damn sundays. I got a response from my folks, they are saddened but saw this coming a long time ago?? really? cuz I would have never thought my life would take this route. jeepers! that one sounded like my ma. but it could have been my pa. i need to give them the benefit of the doubt and not feel bad about their response; as it is theirs and not mine, they are entitled to feel as they will.
i've had a few fleeting, and i mean quickly fleeting doubts about my process. this has been a 2 year journey which started with the first ever answer i had received after a heartfelt prayer - i mean i REALLY got a feeling, not like those fake ones they built in us, but this was real and empowering. i couldn't believe that i was even having that prayer, to be honest, it was an impulse from a conversation i had had with my husband during one of our reunification talks. we were together for 15 years before he finally joined and then everything fell apart. i mean our lives really went in the toilet (trying not to use profanity, but know that i want to type it ;) ). my daughter was the Laurel pres, the person she fell in love with happened to be the Mia Maid pres ;) get it? can you imagine the ::insert f word:: drama, the gossip?? for real.
i'm not going to go into the bishop jack hardy's handling of this matter, nor the ignorance and dismissal of the doctrines taught in the newly released LDS church pub: GOD LOVETH HIS CHILDREN: despite the fact that jacky boy had taught it to us in a combined priesthood/relief society during the last hour of church one sunday not too long before i discovered the relationship and then sought his guidance. i'm not going to ruin his reputation by repeating the words that he uttered behind his closed office door not only to me, but to my precious child. he knows what he said and that is his to deal with. i must move past it.
needless to say my daughter and her girlfriend devised a plan. a plan that stemmed from lies regarding abuse. my daughter was removed from my home and because of that, we - including my dear sweet husband who knew the church was a load of crap from the moment he touched a BOM - were shunned. the gf was shipped off quickly to a mormon school in UT - you know the kind right? where they re-program the kids? anyway, i sunk into a deep depression, i had to take a leave of absense from my very reputable position (i never went back and still don't work to this day - this was 5 years ago) we went bankrupt, we lost our house, but more importantly we lost our daughter. i am happy to report that she and her gf are finally together after 4 years apart. its an amazing story of the triumph of love. her gf despises me, she always has; i'm the one that blew the lesbian whistle :/ i've asked them both for forgiveness and told them how happy i am for them that their love persevered. time will heal this, i am sure. anyway, life went into the toilet so i left my husband 2 1/2 years ago. i just packed up and left. I returned 2 months later after seeing him for lunch and knew as soon as i saw him that day that i was a fool; i love this man and everything about him.
that's the short story of my journey. except all the reading i have done in the past two years since receiving that answer to that prayer. and, like most of you, i started with church history - for the full story. so, i accessed things approved by the church. you know, the book of commandments, the horrendous journal of discourses. the things i learned through those allowed me to open myself up to Fawn Brodie and the Lighthouse Ministries. What amazing people! i have only recently allowed myself to explore the internet since I only recently made myself acknowledge that I WAS DONE.
But, even though i have known for at least a year that since old Joe was such a schmuck and there's no way our HF would allow such a douchebag to be a prophet, i hadn't been able to weed through what specific points are Christianity or LDS dogma. i think this past year has been a good year for that. my husband is a very good listener and allows me to ask questions in different ways and helps me sort through to find a reasonable conclusion. Anywho - i'm finally "there". but there is this fleeting, backsliding thought that, "what if" and then i'm like, "that's stupid". but its got me down.
I know this has gone on forever and i may have bored you to tears or confused you (i have MS and my thoughts get a bit scattered sometimes) but this is the only place i can go to get support from ppl who get what i'm saying; my husband has no clue what growing up programmed was like. i need some reassurance, my friends, i promise to reciprocate when needed. thanks!
i'm%20not%20understanding%20how%20to%20properly%20format%20paragraph%20for%20ease%20of%20readying..i%20mean%20its%20bad%20enough%20that%20i%20don't%20capitalize%20anything%20

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 am
God

Hi Ladybug,

In understanding the fleeting fears that I made a mistake in leaving. The LDS Apologists work hard to take a single issue and provide a way of looking at it and concluding that it's possibly true. In times like those I back up and look at the whole mosaic of the things I've studied and it's not one issue, it's hundreds of issues. That doesn't happen nearly as often these days as it used to.

My parents didn't take my exit very well either. Over the last 2 years things have normalized quite a bit. We just don't talk about the church issues. Sometimes we talk about Jesus. Sometimes stuff about church comes up because it's such a big part of their lives (mom works at the temple and both are very involved in their branch).

I'm sorry you have had difficulty with your daughter ... I hope things continue improve. I also hope you and your (ex?) husband also can continue to improve things.

My wife and I were helped a great deal listening to Shawn McCraney on hotm.tv. He does (used to do?) a good job of dividing the LDS teaching from Biblical Christianity. He was a very useful transitional character for us.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

ladybug
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 pm
Nursery

thank you, Productofchoice, I really appreciate your words and support.
I was up very late last night working on our resignation letters. We both, my husband and I, just finished signing them and putting them in their respective envelopes for mailing. Off they will go tomorrow with delivery confirmation to: local bishop, local SP, office of general counsel, public affairs and member records. I told my hubby, "look at it this way, if we are wrong, we can join again" joking of course ;) his reply, "I'd rather eat a plate of s*** before joining the church again." yep, that about sums that up, eh? Have a great day.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:34 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Stupid cult should know better than try and treat people like they are not people. Another great couple of escapee's, congratulations!

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}

God of Poly-Folly Folly

ladybug
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 pm
Nursery

thanks Joseph's myths! love the name btw! looking forward to the celebration this evening ;) tmi? hehe!

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm
God of Poly-Folly

And just like that, wham, Memorial Day becomes an extra special holiday.

God of Poly-Folly Folly

ladybug
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:15 pm
Nursery

dats right!!

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Namaste, Ladybug.

What a mess! You must have felt terrible. Well, of course you did. I'm sorry the bishop was only able to make it worse. I'm also sorry to hear the gf was sent to one of the reprogramming schools in Utah. We've heard about a couple of them here, and for the most part, in my opinion, they are not very helpful, and can be destructive. But maybe she wound up in a more legitimate one that actually does a person good.

You've endured a lot. Your anger is understandable. And justified. Someone used to say to me, I should forgive wrongs that were done to me, but not forget because then I will be setting myself up to have the same thing done to me again. Some people think if they are angry, they are bad. But that's not true. Anger is the normal emotion that comes from seeing injustice or sin, such as what seems to have been done to your family, in my opinion. If I had known that my anger wasn't going to go away overnight, and that I would carry some of my bitterness for several years, I would have not wondered what was wrong with me and why I couldn't forgive what had been done in the Mormon Church.

IIt's a slow process sometimes, isn't it, to get through all the garbage that the Church ahs put in front of you, and on top of you. Be patient. There will be bumps in the road, and intrusions or attempted intrusions by the Church. Eventually it will slow down and all sough off, like poop off a goose.It does get better - but only because you were wise enough and bold enough to take that first step and get the heck out.

"Everyone has to find his own path." - Ip-Man

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:43 pm
Sunbeam

i am also a newbie thinking about the resignation process.today i wrote an e-mail to a local priest at the catholic church in town.i want to meet with him and see if he can give me any advice on what i should do or believe.i think i have already made up my mind that i want to resign from the church as soon as i can.i am tired of feeling like i am not worthy to receive blessings from god because i cant commit to tithing or other things the church wants to impose on me.i dropped a hint last night to one of my mormon friends that im feeling that this isnt the right religion or church for me.her answer was thats what the devil wants me to believe and the church is the right place for everyone.she also said it was up to me and it wouldnt change our friendship.i kind of knew i would get that response.im afraid i wont be able to keep my friendships because i dont want to get roped into staying.im getting to the point where i dont know what i believe anymore.im afraid im losing all of my faith

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:29 pm
myself

Darlin', sweetheart :romance-grouphug:

No one ''can'' tell you what to believe.

What do you believe? That can take a while to work out, but we have given you solid advice and you are reading the Board which has awesome advice on it.

How I got through all this was I listened to what advice I was given and I did not just accept it, but I asked myself,,''why are these people ie the experienced posters on this Board, saying these things to me? So I had an open mind and I worked very hard to find the truth and the emotional truth and put it in context in my life.

So I ask you to do this too.

I am several years into this now and I still ask for help to fine tune stuff and that is OK, that is what life is about.

But I within a few months knew I was going to resign and that I would have to take the fall out on the chin because what I would be gaining through resignation was Oh so much bigger than what I was going to lose, even when it did not seem like it. I fought through my tears at times.

You may have to do the same.

You say you believe in Jesus. Trust Him now. You are held with a love that will not let you go. With a love that is way bigger than what is going on in your thoughts and in your mind. He understands how it is for those of us who often can not cope with the concept. Remember how He spoke to Thomas when Thomas could not cope with the concept.

I wish I was closer, I wish I had the words to comfort you.

It is the weekend, soon poc will be back and he will know how to help you out and he is really very experienced, you can trust him. If t2 was around he would have very interesting things to say to you about the catholic church. If Rich were here, he'd help you to see. And if Joey were here, everything would be OK and you would get up stronger. Rainfeather is here and she will be keeping an eye out for everything that can help you.

YOU can do this. Listen to the links in my signature. Look forwards now. Play Roar, Kate Perry

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything
You held me down, but I got up (hey!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake your ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am the champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar!

It's going to be OK

Last edited by Melanie on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:30 pm
Sunbeam

im glad i sent in the email resignation.but dam these guilty feelings.they must come from the brainwashing the church did to me.please cross your fingers for me.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Newbie just starting resignation process  |  Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:18 am
myself

Darlin'

You and Jesus are in charge of you, not them.You don't wait for them now. Guilt and fear are in the mind. It is voluntary cooperation with those that appear powerful.
Do not act ashamed.

Look them in the eye.

You did not lie to them, they lied to you.

Let it go and hold onto Jesus.

You can find Him in the New Testament, the epistles and Gospels. As well as inside you. He walks on the waves and He walks through the storm to be with you.

good good good for you.

Yes, brainwashing which is often subtle. You will be OK.

What works is to recognise that you are in a situation that you need to get out of. Like having a bad infection and you go to the GP and you get a prescription of antibiotics. You have to take the first one, and then you have to keep on taking them all.

Recovery from involvement with Mormonism is like that. So keep on pushing ahead, just like you are. Be very happy you are not endowed as that makes it way more complex.

You are doing just great.