View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am

nessanism
Post  Post subject: Born and Raised, Finally Free  |  Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 pm
Nursery

Hello!

I was born and raised in a multi-generational Utah Mormon family. I followed in my cousin's footsteps and just sent off my resignation letter. I was the victim of a family member involved sex crime as a young girl and was shamed for being "unclean" by the church leaders. I've battled severe depression since then and was recently diagnosed with PTSD because of it.

I've honestly never felt better than I did sealing that envelope.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Born and Raised, Finally Free  |  Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 am
God

Hi Nessanism,

Welcome! Congrats on breaking free. Strange how much of the early LDS history is about sex ... seems like a common theme for cults.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Born and Raised, Finally Free  |  Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Yes, congratulations, nessanism. A Utah Mormon with a Mormon background. That's the toughest to break out of!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0A3-wc0rpw

OldCowBones
Post  Post subject: Re: Born and Raised, Finally Free  |  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 am
Nursery

Hello.

I'm glad you've sealed that envelope and I hope you're on your way towards nicer, kinder, better things. I hope you're being supported and that you're getting some help for your depression and PTSD.

I am not in any position to offer you advice; I can only wish you well.

I sincerely hope that you find health and happiness. It's amazing that sites like this exist, isn't it? It's a wonderful place to find comfort.