View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

malone7384
Post  Post subject: My introduction  |  Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:12 pm
Nursery

Hello all,

My daughter and I are converts of nearly 3 years. They got us during a rough time in our lives and we fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

About a year ago, we really started questioning everything. When I would ask my questions of the Bishop or the Missionaries, I was pretty much just told to have faith. It seems like every time I asked a missionary a question, it just made them stop by even more often.

In doing research, I have found that so much of this "church" is a lie. People who I thought were friends, were assigned to be my friend so that we would be insulated within the community and outside influences would be limited. (This hit me in the gut like a sledgehammer because I really believed that some of these people were my friend).

It was the same thing for my daughter - people who she thought were her friends on Activity Days....turns out they were told to befriend her.

We are actually moving in a few months so I am waiting to send in our resignation until then so I don't have a chance of getting unwanted visitation.

There are just so many things that I have found out were lies and untruths and fake. Never mind all of the things about Joseph Smith.

Now that we are getting out - what do I do with our quads?????? I don't want to just throw them out because there is a bible associated with them and that is just something I can't do.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: My introduction  |  Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:58 pm

You could donate them to Salvation Army. They sell them and they do provide housing, shelter and food for the destitute in some areas. You could mail them in to Church Headquarters and let them know why you no longer have a use for them, and why you do not like them even being in your home. You could offer a sacrifice, like Abraham, who offered bull, sheep, and turtledoves, but in your case, the Book of Mormon ("bull"), Doctrine and Covenants ("sheep"), Bible ("turtledoves"), and PGP (the frosting on the cake). ;)

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: My introduction  |  Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:28 am
myself

Perhaps it is better that unknowing folk don't get to read the Bible part alongside so much that is wrong. It is not as if the western world is short of copies of the Bible.

I did not keep much, in a way I wish I had more now, but sorting it all and putting it out/donating to LDS was a huge part of my journey.

Interestingly, my quad is one of the items I kept. Life is a journey and for me I grew through it, that LDS part, and now I am somewhere different, but that doesn't mean for me that I need to put everything out.

And of course some like to keep hold of their copies of ''scriptures''/ manuals because they show evidence of how the organisation edits and changes its doctrines through the changes in the ''scriptures''. Already the current edition of the quad has different words in it to my copy and for those who have older copies, they show even more changes. So when a tbm might encourage one to keep to the Gospel, one may ask ''which version of the Gospel?'' and have evidence to show. Showing a quad can hardly be construed as being anti mormon now eh.

You know the line in the song? ''Scars are a sign of Grace in our lives and all the times You brought us through''.

So for your harder times in the past, God and you got you through those times, and you don't/haven't lost any of that. You don't need the LDS context at all.

All the best for your future move.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: My introduction  |  Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:04 am
God

Congtats malone7384!

I have a friend who took all her LDS books to a local LDS bookstore and traded them in. They said something about store credit, she took a chocolate from the counter and that was that.

I still have a small library but most of it is as reference because I have family that is still and and who knows, maybe someday they will want to learn about the other side of the issue, though the internet is now such a powerful source but some people like the old paper books. And no, I don't want your books ;-)

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17