View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am

Amunet
Post  Post subject: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 am
Nursery

I am so ready to get this process done!

My Father's side are Mormons and my mother converted. My parents have married 3 times, and divorced twice ... to each other. I was raised in the church. Thus, my baptism, at age 8 was solely to make my mother proud of me (and c'mon, they were making a big deal about it!).
I never felt like it was the belief for me.

A few years ago, I started studying the various Pagan paths and I feel that it is time to fully pledge my soul to my chosen Spirituality. I feel that I cannot do this until I am removed ... and here I am!

I will be sure to post my experience in the other board about removing myself from the records :)

If you have any questions about me and my experiences in and out(ish) of the church, please feel free to ask ^_^

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:30 am

Congratulations. It sounds like at least this is not a traumatic experience for you, which is good. A lot of people have their worlds turned upside down when they suddenly realize that what they thought was true, isn't.

It'll be nice to feel truly free.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 pm
myself

Hi! I was going to write a perceptive post, I thought :), about the harvest moon just having been present and how appropriate that might be to you but then I realised I don't know enough astronomy. Are the moon phases the same in England as they are in different parts of the world? oh well, a girl can't know everything!
Welcome to the Forums.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:24 pm
God

Hi Amunet,

Welcome :)

So I'm just wondering ... are you 18 yet? If not you're going to need both parents signatures on the resignation letter.

Keep us posted about the process :)

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

OhBrother
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:05 am
Nursery

Hello. I dropped out of the church at 14 but returned at 44. I was fat, dumb and happy until I happened across an article on Paul H. Dunn and saw how the brass soft shoed his removal from the 70. They took George Lee who had legitimate questions about the treatment of the native people and he was slammed dunked. Yes, he fondled a teenager's breast but I can also see this as a symptom of having your faith ripped out of your life. So, I started reading about early church history. I have ancestors who were some very early converts, baptized by Orson and Parley P. Pratt. A number of polygamists in my family as well. Now I know Joseph Smith was a con man, created eternal marriage and polygamy to satisfy his lusts and it kills me to know my ancestors were conned in by this lie.

No, I'm still a member but my testimony of Joseph Smith is gone. I don't hate the man but I do hate what he did to so many innocent and believing people. Brigham Young just took the baton and continued to run with it. I am not sure where this journey is taking me but I do know, once burned, twice shy.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:26 am
God of Mythbusters

So now you know better, and that knowledge will allow you a totally different type or kind of life in your future. Good for you now!!!

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:00 am
God

Welcome OhBrother!

It's a wild ride with costs that are front loaded ... meaning you pay now and reap the benefits later.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

AngelIrv
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 am
Nursery

My son and I were baptized in April and now I think it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. We started learning about the church last October. I feel like I've been duped and I feel so much pressure. I'm a good person but I feel not good enough. Sorry for my rant. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 am
myself

Hi! Welcome. Yes you have been duped, but so has everyone in that organisation. You know now though, so you are on the winning side. Your son is in accordance with you I presume and that must be a great help. Take your control back. Just resign and move on with all that you have learned. A little bird told me that is what life is about afterall. msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

Members can resign from the LDS church by sending an email to msr-confrec@ldschurch.org with their full name, date of birth, and membership number. Other information such as baptism date and their ward or branch can also be supplied. Say you are resigning with immediate effect. Nothing else, no reasons, nothing.

Actually you don't even need the membership number.

The Board is here to help you through the journey, just shout if you'd like a hand. :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:44 am
God

Welcome Angel,

Yeah, it's a tough religion, puts great burdens on people and holds them to basically impossible standards. The organization steps in and takes the place of God and condemns while it coaxes.

But ...
We all make mistakes
We choose based on what we know.
Those who aren't pig headed stubborn choose again when new facts are presented.

Peace

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:07 pm

Welcome, Amunet. Modern pagan is not as bad as some make it out to be. There are principles involved, generosity, charity, etc. It's as acceptable a spiritual path in my eyes as the path some people in more conventional faiths are treading.

I wish you good fortune, OhBrother. I think I partly understand your dilemma. I went through a similar one once. Or twice. Or three times. As I discovered the fabrications of Mormon history and the wrongness of what Smith and others had done, I became a little frantic. "I know Mormonism is good," I told myself. "But, being good, why did it have all these outre goings on and these dishonest reports and nasty groping?" It took me a few years to get from point A to point B, but that was before the internet. Now, almost overnight, a person can figure out the pros and cons of Mormonism. Do what you have to. You know why you are handling it the way you are, and I have no doubt it's legitimate and workable. Keep up the good work.

Welcome, Angellrv (and son). Sorry to hear about the duping. Fool me once, shame on you - the duping is all their fault, so don't blame yourself! They're experts. They've been training for over 180 years. You only just heard about them and, like so many others, were indeed overwhelmed. Better to recognize the truth now, than to plug along for years, and then be overwhelmed by the enormity of having believed and followed Smith's fantasies for decades. Be well, and be free.

Amunet
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello, new to forum :)  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:16 pm
Nursery

Thank you all for your responses! I completely forgot my sign in for a bit.

HA! Apparently I have too many smilies. Did you know the limit is 10? lol editing

Rainfeather wrote:
Congratulations. It sounds like at least this is not a traumatic experience for you, which is good. A lot of people have their worlds turned upside down when they suddenly realize that what they thought was true, isn't.

It'll be nice to feel truly free.

Thank you :)

Oh no, I never felt part of the church, even when I was younger. I always questioned things and eventually learned that they didn't have an answer for all the backwards talk and beliefs. I also saw the ugly side of the church early on since my mother was a single parent.

In some ways it's freeing, but I don't have that official confirmation letter yet (blah), so it's still kind of a hang up.

Melanie wrote:
Hi! I was going to write a perceptive post, I thought , about the harvest moon just having been present and how appropriate that might be to you but then I realised I don't know enough astronomy. Are the moon phases the same in England as they are in different parts of the world? oh well, a girl can't know everything!
Welcome to the Forums.

Haha I believe the norther hemisphere has the same constellations, just viewable at different times (similar to why Europe can see an eclipse but North America can't). I know the southern hemisphere has different views though I don't know a ton either, so no worries!
Thank you very much ^_^

P.S. England is beautiful

productofchoice wrote:
Hi Amunet,

Welcome :)

So I'm just wondering ... are you 18 yet? If not you're going to need both parents signatures on the resignation letter.

Keep us posted about the process

Peace

Thank you :)

Yes, I'm 29 and been married. In fact, I was just coming on to update about my process, but I wanted to respond to you fine people first.

OhBrother wrote:
Hello. I dropped out of the church at 14 but returned at 44. I was fat, dumb and happy until I happened across an article on Paul H. Dunn and saw how the brass soft shoed his removal from the 70. They took George Lee who had legitimate questions about the treatment of the native people and he was slammed dunked. Yes, he fondled a teenager's breast but I can also see this as a symptom of having your faith ripped out of your life. So, I started reading about early church history. I have ancestors who were some very early converts, baptized by Orson and Parley P. Pratt. A number of polygamists in my family as well. Now I know Joseph Smith was a con man, created eternal marriage and polygamy to satisfy his lusts and it kills me to know my ancestors were conned in by this lie.

No, I'm still a member but my testimony of Joseph Smith is gone. I don't hate the man but I do hate what he did to so many innocent and believing people. Brigham Young just took the baton and continued to run with it. I am not sure where this journey is taking me but I do know, once burned, twice shy.

Thank you for the informative welcome :)
I haven't done that much research into the recent path of my relatives, my great aunt did. To be honest, I'm not that interested if they were part of the church or not.

teoma2 wrote:
So now you know better, and that knowledge will allow you a totally different type or kind of life in your future. Good for you now!!!

Thank you :) Oh yes, I've known from a young age. But, of course, you can't exactly go away when your mother is a strong convert and you're a minor.

AngelIrv wrote:
My son and I were baptized in April and now I think it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. We started learning about the church last October. I feel like I've been duped and I feel so much pressure. I'm a good person but I feel not good enough. Sorry for my rant. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

*hugs* I understand. My ex-husband felt the same way. He had amazing missionaries talk to him and he really loved what they were preaching ... then he started really going to church and going in "advanced mormon class" (I dubbed it that) and he really didn't like it. He was particularly upset at the homophobia presented through the church.

Abinadi wrote:
Welcome, Amunet. Modern pagan is not as bad as some make it out to be. There are principles involved, generosity, charity, etc. It's as acceptable a spiritual path in my eyes as the path some people in more conventional faiths are treading.

Indeed so :) Today is the New Year for most Pagan practices, in fact! I love just having people believe the same thing and not try to play "I'm better than you" (well, not as hard as mormanism does anyways). I'm excited to be free. My parents know and ... well, everyone on my facebook lol. There were so many signs in my life that I am to follow a Nature spirituality path :)