View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 am

Dandelion
Post  Post subject: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 pm
Nursery

I was born and raised Mormon. I was married in the temple. About 5 years into my marriage, I started having questions and in the end, so did my husband.

Neither of us have been involved in the church for about 8 years, maybe longer. I never had my name removed, didn't really care much until my dad passed away about 18 months ago. I've never been so thoughtful in regards to how much I disagree with not only the teachings of the church, but even believing in god in general. After talking it over with my husband, I decided that having my name removed was something that I needed to do.

I did some research online and that's how I found this place, so thanks for the sample letters! I received a reply back on September 6th, but nothing since. Hopefully, it won't be long.

Nice to meet everyone. ☺

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 am
God

Congrats Dandelion!

Welcome to the group :)

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Dandelion
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 pm
Nursery

Thank you. ☺

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:25 am
myself

Yes, Welcome! :)

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Welcome Dandelion.
Don't worry about making a mistake.
Small mistakes are made all the time.
The bigger mistake would be to stay in the Mormonism World
when you see its "foundations" crumbling beneath it,
and it's grand lodestar tarnished tin.

Dandelion
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:15 pm
Nursery

Thank you. I'll admit, I've been scoping out the mail waiting for my official letter. It's been about 5 weeks since I received the "ecclesiastical matter" letter. Still nothing.

ananasparachute
Post  Post subject: Re: Resignation letter requested  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:58 am
Nursery

Welcome!!!

Keep pestering them until you get the letter. I had to contact Salt Lake twice before they finally sent it. I copied my former bishop on everything via email.