View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:18 pm

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:12 pm
Nursery

Norton R. Nowlin, M.A.
12807 Cara Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
571-398-7149

I am an ex-Mormon elder, stake and district missionary, ordained military group leader, and ward mission leader, from 1970-2000. I served the devil for 30 years in Mormonism before I found the Lord Jesus on my knees and accepted his blessed grace through his precious blood.

It has come to my attention that many Christian ministries opposing Mormon polytheism via the Internet are not aware of, and have not published on their websites, the irrefutable smoking-gun evidence of polytheistic Mormon theology and doctrine that was published by the LDS Church in 1984. It is "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God," from the 1984 LDS Melchizedek Priesthood Study Guide, "Search These Commandments," pages 151-158.

"Lesson 21" is a concise restatement of founding Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith's 1844 "King Follett Discourse" and Mormon Prophet Lorenzo Snow's refinement of it in the late 1890s. "Lesson 21" was the last time during the 20th Century that the Mormon Church placed into print its literal predicate of its cursed polytheistic theology for its LDS Melchizedek Priesthood to standardly and collectively study; and it is verified, in "Lesson 21" as canonized LDS scripture and commandments by the LDS First Presidency comprised of Mormon Prophet, Seer, and Revelator Spencer W. Kimball and his three apostle counselors, N. Eldon Tanner, Marion G. Romney, and Gordon B. Hinckley. It is the only smoking-gun evidence of 19th Century Mormon polytheism venerated and practiced in the 20th and 21st Centuries, which is verified and proclaimed by the highest authority in the LDS Church, a 20th Century LDS First Presidency. The Mormon Church arrogantly never expected it to be used against them, which clearly illustrates their demonic hubris.

Anyone reading "Lesson 21," especially struggling Christians who will, no doubt, come into contact with the lying Mormon full-time missionaries at some point, will immediately realize that Mormonism is not Christian to any extent; and keeping struggling Christians away from Mormonism proves much simpler than trying to convert true-blue Mormons from the error of their ways, even though some TBMs eventually come to Christ.

I hope that "Mormon Curtain" will place "Lesson 21" on its website for perusal by struggling Christians seeking information about Mormonism. I will gladly send anyone reading this message a PDF copy of "Lesson 21" by email attachment if they will request the copies by sending me an email at <nrnowlin @ yahoo.com>. I will send out the copies of "Lesson 21" within a few hours after receiving the requests. With all of the 19th Century evidences of Mormon polytheism, of the doctrine of false gods before and after the one true God of heaven and earth, the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, there are those sophistic and pragmatic Mormon apologists, such as Jeff Lindsay, Michael Griffith, John Sorenson, and the other paid Mormon apologists at F.A.R.M.S. at BYU who lie and present misrepresentations of Mormon doctrine, history. and theology, just like the tens-of-thousands of full-time Mormon missionaries who do it 365 days a year, to deceive gullible Christians into joining the cult of Mormonism, "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God," cannot be refuted. It is irrefutable!! If it were mass-produced by Christian ministries and mailed out to every Christian man, woman, and family who will get knocks on their doors from Mormon missionaries, I doubt very seriously if any true Christian would join the Mormon Church. If the Mormon missionaries included "lesson 21" as part of their scripted presentations to Christians they would be told to leave, and to never return.

I sincerely believe that true Christians know that fulfillment of prophecy is the primary reason that millionaire Franklin Graham has publicly proclaimed on the BGEA website that "Mormonism is Christian and not a cult." The New Testament clearly states that in the latter-days the very elect will be deceived, and Franklin Graham was speaking for his father, the noted evangelist Billy Graham, when he made his absurd proclamation. The world needs to be told the truth about real Mormon polytheistic theology. Please contact me at the above number, or by email, for a copy of "Lesson 21."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

Hello Norton.

You use loaded language:

• "cursed polytheistic theology"
• "The Mormon Church arrogantly never expected it to be used against them ..."
• "their demonic hubris"
• "the lying Mormon full-time missionaries"
• "those sophistic and pragmatic Mormon apologists"

Evidently, your target audience does not include Mormons who would be turned off by such language?

Also: I have not been able to find this supposed quote from Franklin Graham.

"Mormonism is Christian and not a cult."

Could you please provide the webpage address to the quote in question.

Welcome to the board.

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 am
Nursery

Hello, Rich. I presume that you are, either, an inactive Mormon or an ex-Mormon who has not yet realized the evil of Mormonism. Since I was primarily a missionary for the Mormon Church during that 30 year part of my life, I speak from experience. I knew Bruce McConkie personally, and we exchanged letters about his statements in "Mormon Doctrine." I knew LeGrande Richards personally, and once hugged him at a Mormon mission conference in 1971. I spoke to Hugh Nibley at length twice by telephone, and to Dr. Klaus Baer, for about an hour, in 1978.

So, I will address your concerns about my topic post regarding "Lesson 21." As far as false gospels, especially Mormonism, being accursed, the writing of the Apostle Paul, in Galatians 1:1-9 affirms this, as the Apostle said, in verse 8, "But though we, or angel from heaven (note Paul's mention of an angel) preach any other gospel unto you than which we have preached, let him be accursed." The NIV has translated the verse to say "let him be accursed by God."

So, Rich, if Mormonism is a false gospel, it is accursed by God.

Now, regarding the expectation of the Mormon hierarchy as to their "successful deniability" of real Mormon theology. An old associate of mine, who was a high priest in the Mormon power-structure in SLC in 1985, and an employee of the Mormon Church called to be a clerk for the Council of the Twelve Apostles, told me that he had taken notes in a meeting over which Apostle Dallin H. Oaks presided with twenty-five other high priest attorneys for the Mormon Church, in which Oaks had told those lawyers that "we lie for the lord in order to preserve the church in accordance with out temple covenant, and by successful use of well placed lies we can assure that the secrets of our religion will never be used against us." The high priest who took the notes resigned from the Mormon Church five years later, but unfortunately, like the murderer Mark Hoffman, became an atheist and humanist who lost his faith in the real Lord Jesus Christ but opposed he Mormon Church because of its lies. I hope, Rich, that you have not lost your faith in the real biblical Jesus.

Hubris is defined as utter arrogance and a denial of truth for pragmatic purposes. All lies are demonic, or they originate with Satanic influence, and according to the Apostle John, in Rev. 21:8, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and the murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the Lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." So Mormons have two great concerns in this particular scripture, idolatry and bearing false witness.

As far as the "lying full-time Mormon missionaries," I am a chief sinner, as the Apostle Paul admitted that he was one, who told 65 people lies and misrepresentations about Mormon theology, history, and doctrine, which caused the t be duped into joining a pagan cult. For what I did, I have repented and accepted Jesus redeeming grace, but the memory of what I did remains with me as a prompting to now do as much as I can, as a Christian, to oppose what I once falsely proclaimed as truth. The simple matter of it is that if "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God" were included as a part of the Mormon missionary presentation, to show the ultimate destiny of worthy Mormon elders to become as great as the Mormon father-god (a man born on a planet somewhere in the cosmos who changed, and changed, and changed to become such a god, with a capital G), by becoming, themselves, Mormon father-gods (which fully contradicts the theology of the Book of Mormon that "a god that changes, or shows a shadow of change is not a God of miracles), no true Christian would join the Mormon Church. The theology, history, and doctrines expounded by Mormon missionaries are lies, and the sad part about it is that most of these indoctrinated brainwashed young men and women have no idea that what they regurgitate from memory is a pack of lies.

I happen to know, through direct email and telephone dialogues, Jeff Lindsay, Michael Griffith, and John Sorenson. These men are the devil's tools in using sophistry to make what is as vile and dark as the pit of hell seem as pure as the driven snow. They lie professionally for the Mormon god, and they do it for a profit. The Mormon Church reimburses them for their efforts, as Gordon B. Hinckley reimbursed Mark Hoffman for his forgeries, thinking that they were real; and then lied about knowing Hoffman. The reason Hoffman got a life sentence instead of being executed is that Hinckley lied and refused to testify against Hoffman in a trial to avoid bad publicity for the Moron Church. Mormon apologists are paving their own way to hell with their lies and misrepresentations.

I am sure that you know what the term "full-disclosure" means in regard to contracts made between organizations and individual people, per common law contract law. Without full-disclosure of all the relevant and material facts about an offer made by an offeror to an offeree, the contract is null and void on its face if the offeree accepts the offer without full-disclosure. If an investigator to Mormonism is not told the truth about REAL Mormon theology at the time he, or she, is "committed" to paying a full-tithe and to baptism in the Mormon Church, the contract accepted by the investigator is null and void, and the payment of tithes to the Mormon constitutes fraud on the part of the Mormon Church, per the legal common law application of contract law and the doctrine of respondiat superior (let the superior contracting party respond for the agent representing the superior).

Now, as for what Franklin Graham said in 2012 about the statement on the BGEA website. Please note the links:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/frank ... ite-85054/

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/19/bil ... is-a-cult/

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34608-fr ... ism-a-cult

I am also including the link to an article that I wrote and placed on EzineArticles.com regarding religious contracts.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Religious-Con ... id=9321836

Rich, I hope that you will email me and request a copy of "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."

Sincerely,
Norton R. Nowlin, M.A.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 am
God

Hello Norton,

So I think about Isaiah 14 and how it applies to this very subject:
Isaiah 14 wrote:
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

And I think about Genesis
Genesis 1:27 wrote:
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;

and later the serpent says:
Genesis 3 wrote:
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God Created man in His image ... like Him. Satan tempts many to try to acquire what he wishes for himself. And it's a really tough thing for God to make you something you already are or give you the thing that you already possess.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:20 am
Nursery

Productofchoice, please allow me to send you a PDF copy of "Lesson 21-Man May
Become Like God," so that you can use it to help others avoid Mormonism.

nrnowlin@yahoo.com

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:27 am
God

Thanks but I have a copy already,MormonThinkhas an article on it.

Also, I like gathering information but that's like giving a ninja sword to a karate man. I use different tools and the ones that are most relevant to me. My key issue was instead the changes to the scriptures, it was the changes to the Book of Commandments which was the early edition of the D&C that was key for me. Some sections moved over without change (good), some were left out (hmmm) and some were altered dramatically (What?) and the alterations were my biggest issue. These claims can be checked by a Mormon looking at the Joseph Smith papers (an LDS Website ... so not anti-Mormon) and viewing photocopies of the documents from BoC vs D&C. So was the first version or second version of this text God's word?

As far as helping non-Mormons avoid becoming Mormons, it's generally enough to help them understand Grace. Mormonism is a sloppy restoration of the old law. If the person understand that Christ fulfilled the law and understand Grace as Paul preaches it, then they will understand the problems. But if not, they are saved either way and just live in a life of bondage. Free but just not living that way ... and that's a state that many Christians live in.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 am
Nursery

Yes!!! That was me, through the efforts of ex-Mormon Ken Clark, who placed it on MormonThink!!! Thank God you, and hopefully millions of others saw it, and downloaded it!!! Thanks for letting me know.

Norton R. Nowlin, M.A.

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 am
Nursery

You have to remember that Mormon missionaries still tell their investigators lies about Mormon theology, history, and doctrine. These lies dupe struggling Christians into joining Mormonism, which is fraudulent and totally wrong. If they read "Lesson 21" before they hear the knocks on their doors, they will know the truth about Mormon theology, and will tell those Mormon missionaries to get lost. That's all they need to know in order to reject Mormonism as pagan. It is a lot easier to keep a struggling Christian from joining the Mormon Church, than it is to cause a TBM realize the error of his ways.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:04 am
myself

Hello, just out of interest, what is an ordained military group leader?

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:06 am
Sunbeam

i am so glad i just got out of the church.i just wish i wouldnt have wasted 2 years of my life in the church.i always felt like something was wrong

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm
Nursery

I was ordained in late 1972 by a stake president in Oceanside California to be a group leader to U.S. Marines at MCB Camp Pendleton. A military group leader is equivalent to a Mormon bishop to small groups of active-duty marines, soldiers, sailors, and airmen. They have the authority to organize groups where none exist, to set-up services, and to administer the Mormon sacrament. This ordination lasts as long as the person is on active-duty in the military. It's a real farce.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:46 pm
myself

Thank you, I've not come across that before.

I can feel your anger at the LDS organisation, and your zeal to speak out and help others now, and I am certainly glad for you that you have come to experience Jesus in a clearer way.

I relate to all of this too.

We might know now that so much of LDS everything is a total farce and it certainly has no authority, but at the time it made a difference to us, we believed it and as such we supported our fellow folks who were LDS too in sharing our lives, and in growing up and in community. This side of things is not a farce. Your life as LDS was not a farce. It brought you to your future and in your case, it brought you to Christ. He will restore the years that the locusts have ravaged. Nothing is wasted.

Like poc and Rich say, I have found too that communicating is a gentle and tender process and for each situation, every person, I try to feel with the Spirit how best to approach it. I like to evangelise against the Mormon church along with the very best of them, lol, and that is often enough but I like it best when I can make a relationship and help someone to feel better about their situation and point to a solution and I have learned so much of this through and from my atheistic colleagues, for want of a more complete term.

t2 will say we are here to help people have confidence that the new pathway they are choosing for themselves is right for them.

As regarding Christians being converted to LDS, it is a huge problem, the greatest number of converts are from that way. It is something Lynn Wilder in her book, Unveiling Grace, talks about. And I feel that Christians have the responsibility to know their stuff and not be swayed. And I talk to myself there too.

Christ breaks through anywhere and everywhere. I am glad for you that you are in a safer place now. Enjoy it and enjoy what you have.

oh and you can't have known this so it is OK, and Rich and poc are probably too gracious to be going to mention it, but they have both spent many years teaching and evangelising in these exact areas. You can't have known that but perhaps you might not have ignored the possibility when you saw they are both highly experienced on this Board.

Welcome to join us :)

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:00 pm
Nursery

I have had my own experience on my own Road to Damascus, and Jesus through the Holy Spirit has given me my commission to deliver "Lesson 21" to as many struggling Christians as possible before I leave this earth. This written statement of LDS endorsed 20th and 21st Century pagan polytheism is the antidote for the disease of Mormonism. Anyone reading it can immediately realize that Mormonism is not Christian. It is much different than what one reads in the Teachings of Joseph Smith, the Journal of Discourses, and the writings of 20th Century Mormon prophets and apostles. "Lesson 21" was designed by the Mormon hierarchy to be a written canonized scripture of the ultimate destiny of Mormon elders, to become Mormon father-gods, with a capital G. It is the smoking-gun irrefutable evidence of the real theology of Mormonism, and must be disseminated by Christian ministries throughout the world to expose the egregious lies deliberately told by full-time Mormon missionaries.

Let me send you a PDF copy of "Lesson 21." My email address is <nrnowlin@yahoo.com>. I will send you a copy immediately if you send me an email.

Yes, Melanie, Mormonism is a tragic demonic plague and farce that consumes the lives and souls of the struggling Christians who are deceived into accepting it. I have seen how Mormonism can destroy lives, and there I nothing that is good about its evil. Let's help others, our neighbors, friends, and loved ones, to know about the real polytheistic theology of Mormonism. Please let me send you a copy of "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Norton.

I just read some of the PDF @ Mormonthink: http://www.mormonthink.com/files/Lesson ... 201984.pdf

The font was kind of small, however the zoom function fixed that; the pages were often a bit tilted & the cut and paste function did not work for me.

Is the PDF you have any different?

All in all, except for the confusion over the first several pages being sideways until the main body of test appears, it looks like a working web-layout.

Perhaps just making the link @ Mormonthink known and explaining that one needs to scroll down to the main body of text and zoom in for the best reading experience will be the ticket?

When one of my articles was talked about @ reddit it received a lot of attention.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:34 am
myself

''No power of man, no scheme of Hell'', Norton, Romans 8 v 39

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... nBItoI3G7A

(Board readers : This song is used in evangelism and includes a prayer, so please don't click if that is unhelpful and offensive to you.)

It is interesting to me as one of the areas that really concerned me when I first left the organisation was exactly what the state of my salvation had been whilst I was TBM, having first been a Christian.
To save the essay :) enough to say I totally agree with what one of the moderators of this Board has written, that I was never snatched from the Fathers hand, just had the wool pulled over my eyes for a bit.

That is backed up entirely by Christian theology and is the experience of my life. I am held by a Love that will not let me go and God's grace lifts me up.

Mormon doctrine, no matter how hideous and evil in parts, has no victory over Christ's life in us. And reading the Epistles in the Bible shows that clearly. Christianity is a religion of resurrection. It is only against God that we sin, Mormon priesthood has no power and no one needs a certificate from Smith to get to Christ.

I wish you well.

Last edited by Melanie on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:14 am

NortonRNowlin wrote:
Hello, Rich. I presume that you are, either, an inactive Mormon or an ex-Mormon who has not yet realized the evil of Mormonism. Since I was primarily a missionary for the Mormon Church during that 30 year part of my life, I speak from experience. I knew Bruce McConkie personally, and we exchanged letters about his statements in "Mormon Doctrine." I knew LeGrande Richards personally, and once hugged him at a Mormon mission conference in 1971. I spoke to Hugh Nibley at length twice by telephone, and to Dr. Klaus Baer, for about an hour, in 1978.

So, I will address your concerns about my topic post regarding "Lesson 21." As far as false gospels, especially Mormonism, being accursed, the writing of the Apostle Paul, in Galatians 1:1-9 affirms this, as the Apostle said, in verse 8, "But though we, or angel from heaven (note Paul's mention of an angel) preach any other gospel unto you than which we have preached, let him be accursed." The NIV has translated the verse to say "let him be accursed by God."

So, Rich, if Mormonism is a false gospel, it is accursed by God.

Now, regarding the expectation of the Mormon hierarchy as to their "successful deniability" of real Mormon theology. An old associate of mine, who was a high priest in the Mormon power-structure in SLC in 1985, and an employee of the Mormon Church called to be a clerk for the Council of the Twelve Apostles, told me that he had taken notes in a meeting over which Apostle Dallin H. Oaks presided with twenty-five other high priest attorneys for the Mormon Church, in which Oaks had told those lawyers that "we lie for the lord in order to preserve the church in accordance with out temple covenant, and by successful use of well placed lies we can assure that the secrets of our religion will never be used against us." The high priest who took the notes resigned from the Mormon Church five years later, but unfortunately, like the murderer Mark Hoffman, became an atheist and humanist who lost his faith in the real Lord Jesus Christ but opposed he Mormon Church because of its lies. I hope, Rich, that you have not lost your faith in the real biblical Jesus.

Hubris is defined as utter arrogance and a denial of truth for pragmatic purposes. All lies are demonic, or they originate with Satanic influence, and according to the Apostle John, in Rev. 21:8, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and the murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the Lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." So Mormons have two great concerns in this particular scripture, idolatry and bearing false witness.

As far as the "lying full-time Mormon missionaries," I am a chief sinner, as the Apostle Paul admitted that he was one, who told 65 people lies and misrepresentations about Mormon theology, history, and doctrine, which caused the t be duped into joining a pagan cult. For what I did, I have repented and accepted Jesus redeeming grace, but the memory of what I did remains with me as a prompting to now do as much as I can, as a Christian, to oppose what I once falsely proclaimed as truth. The simple matter of it is that if "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God" were included as a part of the Mormon missionary presentation, to show the ultimate destiny of worthy Mormon elders to become as great as the Mormon father-god (a man born on a planet somewhere in the cosmos who changed, and changed, and changed to become such a god, with a capital G), by becoming, themselves, Mormon father-gods (which fully contradicts the theology of the Book of Mormon that "a god that changes, or shows a shadow of change is not a God of miracles), no true Christian would join the Mormon Church. The theology, history, and doctrines expounded by Mormon missionaries are lies, and the sad part about it is that most of these indoctrinated brainwashed young men and women have no idea that what they regurgitate from memory is a pack of lies.

I happen to know, through direct email and telephone dialogues, Jeff Lindsay, Michael Griffith, and John Sorenson. These men are the devil's tools in using sophistry to make what is as vile and dark as the pit of hell seem as pure as the driven snow. They lie professionally for the Mormon god, and they do it for a profit. The Mormon Church reimburses them for their efforts, as Gordon B. Hinckley reimbursed Mark Hoffman for his forgeries, thinking that they were real; and then lied about knowing Hoffman. The reason Hoffman got a life sentence instead of being executed is that Hinckley lied and refused to testify against Hoffman in a trial to avoid bad publicity for the Moron Church. Mormon apologists are paving their own way to hell with their lies and misrepresentations.

I am sure that you know what the term "full-disclosure" means in regard to contracts made between organizations and individual people, per common law contract law. Without full-disclosure of all the relevant and material facts about an offer made by an offeror to an offeree, the contract is null and void on its face if the offeree accepts the offer without full-disclosure. If an investigator to Mormonism is not told the truth about REAL Mormon theology at the time he, or she, is "committed" to paying a full-tithe and to baptism in the Mormon Church, the contract accepted by the investigator is null and void, and the payment of tithes to the Mormon constitutes fraud on the part of the Mormon Church, per the legal common law application of contract law and the doctrine of respondiat superior (let the superior contracting party respond for the agent representing the superior).

Now, as for what Franklin Graham said in 2012 about the statement on the BGEA website. Please note the links:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/frank ... ite-85054/

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/19/bil ... is-a-cult/

http://www.charismanews.com/us/34608-fr ... ism-a-cult

I am also including the link to an article that I wrote and placed on EzineArticles.com regarding religious contracts.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Religious-Con ... id=9321836

Rich, I hope that you will email me and request a copy of "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."

Sincerely,
Norton R. Nowlin, M.A.

Norton.

I will make this very clear: Nowhere in the three articles you gave links to are the words found that you put quotation marks around:

Here is your quote in context:
Quote:
... millionaire Franklin Graham has publicly proclaimed on the BGEA website that "Mormonism is Christian and not a cult."

When someone claims that on the Billy Graham website, Franklin Graham has publicly proclaimed ... that

I would expect to be able to go to the BGEA website and find those exact words.

Not only was no link to an article on the BGEA website with those exact words in that word order attributed to Franklin Graham, the links you did provide which are critical of Franklin Graham do not have the words

I am very familiar with the reason why the BGEA website took down the page calling Mormonism a cult.

The page where the word "cult" was used, did not just define Mormonism as a cult, but also Unitarians & Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here is a section on this subject from the first link you gave:
Quote:
Last month, after Billy Graham met with Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed an article describing Mormonism as a “cult.” Franklin Graham, BGEA president, told CNN this week he didn’t know the article existed.
The son of Billy Graham told CNN he did not write the article and he was “shocked” to find it on BGEA’s website.
“I don’t want to be involved in calling people names,” Franklin Graham said. “I want to reach people for Christ, and how can I do that if I’m calling them a name? I don’t even like the word cult; it sounds like dungeons and dragons or something.”

The other articles say basically the same thing.

From my perspective, calling a group a cult, is unproductive. I prefer not to use the word for the same reasons as Franklin Graham:

“I want to reach people for Christ, and how can I do that if I’m calling them a name?"

You have justified your use of loaded language with scripture. Fine. I still believe using loaded language turns a lot of people off.

As for your question:

"I hope, Rich, that you have not lost your faith in the real biblical Jesus."

I have established who the biblical Jesus is with my Christian work on the subject entitled:

Who Is Jesus Christ? — A Biblical Case For The Real Jesus Link: http://richkelsey.org/jesus_christ.html

In closing: I am really happy that you found salvation in Jesus Christ; &, your zeal to spread the gospel is admirable. Yet, you & I have a different approach: Instead of encouraging people to

"tell those Mormon missionaries to get lost."

I ask them to invite them in and go through a Family Home Evening lesson with them:

http://richkelsey.org/lds_family_home_e ... _book.html

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 am
Nursery

Rich, the scanner I used produced the PDF copy that is on MormonThink.org. The one that I will send you might be a better resolution. I have sent out about 100 copies so far, and no one has yet complained about the readability of the copies. Send me an email, and I will send you the PDF copy that I have to send.

NortonRNowlin
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:45 am
Nursery

Rich:

If you will recall the Mormon missionary film "Our Heavenly Father's Plan," which was intended to deceptively cause investigators to Mormonism to see the theology of Mormonism and the "glorious plan of God" as Trinitarian and in accordance with the theology written into the Book of Mormon, it posed a question phrased as "what is the purpose of life?" Well, "Lesson 21" is the ultimate statement of destiny for the worthy Mormon elder, and poses the question asked by a Mormon elder to his priesthood leader, "What is the purpose for all the work that I have to do on the earth in accordance with the commandments of Mormonism, and where will it lead?"

If you showed "Our Heavenly Father's Plan" to a struggling Christian, and then read "Lesson 21" to him, or her, that person would immediately realize a blatant contradiction in Mormon theology. If a set of full-time Mormon missionaries finished presenting their scripted fraudulent discussions to a struggling Christian, and then presented "Lesson 21" to that person, the contradiction between the theology of the Book of Mormon and "Lesson 21" would be undeniable.

Now, as to the blatant implication given by Franklin Graham that Mormonism is Christian by his statement that "Mormonism is not a cult." An implication and its inference is most time just as good as an affirmative statement. By removing Mormonism from cult status on the BGEA website, Graham is taking responsibility for struggling Christians seeing Mormonism as Christian. There is not a statement on the BGEA Website that declares that Mormonism is not Christian. The whole deal involving Mitt Romney and Franklin Graham was to make Mormonism appear as Christian on the BGEA Website. Note the response of Christians on the following link:

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/bruce ... ould-reach

Note the statement made in the foregoing article:

"To all mormons, and all those that claim that mormonism is a part of Christianity. I warn you in all love that you have been deceived and I ask you to abandon your cults.
I have shown clearly that mormonism is not Christianity and is not of the bible and my warning is clear also.

"The Grahams' actions could further cement conservative Christian support for Romney in the Nov. 6 election, even though most evangelicals don't consider him a Christian.
That religious divide cost Romney heavily in the South Carolina primary, when he finished a distant second to New Gingrich, a Catholic but twice divorced."

By not stating that "Mormonism is not Christian," at the time Franklin Graham stated publicly that Mormonism would never again be labeled as a cult, he implied that "Mormonism is Christian," which will be fraudulently used by Mormon missionaries as they misrepresent their theology to their investigators.

Rich, do you realize that during the calendar year 2016, over 100,000 struggling Christians in the USA will be duped into joining the Mormon church through the lies and misrepresentations made by the 76,000 Mormon full-time missionaries constantly at work to collect tithe payers. The average time Mormon converts spend in the Mormon Church after baptism, paying a full tithe, is around four years before they realize its REAL polytheistic theology. That's how the Mormon Church continues to get so much money coming into its coffers, deception and fraud.

Read 2 Tim. 2:1-10 and ask yourself what a "good soldier for Christ" should do to oppose evil. Inviting Mormon full-time missionaries to a family home evening is not the most productive way of showing them the error of their ways. Perhaps providing them with copies of "Lesson 21" would be a much better way of showing these young brainwashed and indoctrinated men and women what they have not been told about real Mormon theology.

The story of Micah Wilder and his conversion to Christ while on his mission to Indiana is a wonderful example of the effect of an evangelical Christian minister on a young indoctrinated Mormon missionary.

http://www.adamsroadband.com/

Yet, the best way for a struggling Christian family to handle a set of Mormon missionaries at their door is for that family to have first read "Lesson 21" and to have realized that Mormonism is not Christian. The best thing for that family to do is to not allow those missionaries into their home. Don't invite the devil into your home. "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Can't you see the wonderful effect of disseminating "Lesson 21" to all Christians in the USA and the world? I certainly do!

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:51 am

Look at what I found online:

http://richkelsey.org/lesson21.html

Rich

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God."  |  Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:49 pm

NortonRNowlin wrote:
Rich:
Read 2 Tim. 2:1-10 and ask yourself what a "good soldier for Christ" should do to oppose evil. Inviting Mormon full-time missionaries to a family home evening is not the most productive way of showing them the error of their ways.

For those of us who care:

Without a doubt, the most intense, potentially eye-opening journey I have ever had the privilege of leading LDS Missionaries on, happened on the evening we went through a Family Home Evening lesson.

This was not the typical FHE lesson which one might find @ LDS.org.

Why? Because, I wrote the lesson:

The LDS elders came back and we went through my First Family Home Evening Lesson in its entirety. (go to FHE lesson: http://richkelsey.org/lds_family_home_evening.html)

It was a brutal read. The tension in the room was so high that my dog sensed it and started chewing on his dog bed; which he never does. One elder looked like his whole world was imploding; and, for good reason. Also, all the way through the read there were times when the family members (elders) were supposed to chime in with a response. No responses were given even though I turned to them and made it clear that they could interact with me in the read and that I might even modify the work based upon their input.

At the end of the FHE Lesson where readers were deemed to be,

"genuine seekers of truth"

if they would go on to the next lesson, one of the elders responded. Not the one who looked like he was in shock the whole time; it was the one who kept his composure. The answer he gave was,

"No."

Link to the article about the evening the Elders and I went through the lesson: http://richkelsey.org/cognitive_dissonance.html