View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:27 pm

KolobKrusher
Post  Post subject: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 pm
Nursery

A couple of weeks ago I sent in my letter of resignation, but my story of why I wanted to leave Mormonism is complex, and I will save that for a later post. I am happy with my decision. I feel lucky to live in the information age where knowledge flows more freely and people can educate themselves instead of accepting whatever white-washed history the "leaders" of the Mormon church shovel into our brains.

I'm glad I took the red pill and my eyes are open to the truth. More people need to unplug and understand the truth. By profession I am a Fraud Investigator so I used my experience of detecting fraud to investigate Church History. In short, I am convinced that Joseph Smith was a great con-artist. He was a very talented and creative genius who duped thousands of people to believe him. I used to think that the "angry mobs" that we learn about in Sunday school were just uneducated hicks who wanted to ruin the church because Satan had influenced them. No, I think if my sister or daughter were convinced that she should marry a guy who already had a wife, who says that he was visited by angels and could locate treasure in the earth and that he should marry my daughter or sister or else the Lord would smite him, I'd probably want to tar and feather him too. Just sayin'. Anyway, later I will post my reasons for leaving but I think this is a good enough introduction.

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi. Yes, I look back now and wonder, "What was I thinking?" when I joined at 17. If someone came up with stories like this today, no one would believe them. Well, they might have a small cult following, but not a church with a couple million people in it.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:51 am
myself

Welcome to the Forums, Thank you for posting. You must have great insight as a fraud investigator and I expect your skills really helped you to sort out the facts from the emotions around it all. Congratulations!

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:59 am
God

Congrats!

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 am
God of Mythbusters

Apparently your fraud detection skills served you well KK. And yes, leaving can be a very complex issue, so the new friends that you now have are here to help with the transition. Count me in here too....

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:55 pm
Sunbeam

I am seriously considering leaving the LDS church.i joined 2 years ago after many talks with the missionaries.the people are nice but its like i woke up 1 day and said i cant do this anymore.i have made many friends and im scared they are going to talk me into staying.i guess i pretty much turned against it because im struggling financially and talked to the bishop about getting my patriarchal blessing.because i had talked to my bishop about tithing and how i was struggling with it he told me he wants to make sure that im paying regularly because i need to get the blessings from regular tithing.i make about $1,200 a month and my rent and bills are $800-900 a month and credit card payments are about $100 and then im left with money for groceries.there is nothing else left no matter how hard i try.i felt like my bishop was saying im not worthy because i have asked him to make an appt for me the last 5 months.i had this overwhelming feeling come over me that i need to leave the church.i do love GOD and believe in jesus but something doesnt sit with me very well.i find that they are to strict and i cant do everything they ask of me.i also drink off and on and thats a no no in the church.i was thinking would it be easier to get kicked out or resign because i know they are going to try and talk me into staying.they are very persuasive.i was so into the church and then just in the last 2 weeks i get this depressing sick feeling that i need to get out.im just to stressed.i would like to get other opinions on what i should do and has anyone had anything similiar to my story. thank you

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:00 am

They can't talk you into doing anything that you don't want to do. You can only let yourself be talked into it by giving over your power to them.

That's the really strange thing about Mormonism. It turns you into someone who can't stand to disappoint anyone. You will do what they want and not what you want.

I know, because I got stuck in there for 30 years. When I finally took back my own power, it felt great. It was very healing.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:23 am
God

Hang in the Penny.

It's events like what you are going through that show the Business nature of LDS over their theological nature. They bring in massive money, they have massive reserves but they rarely release the stuff that goes to Headquarters. Mostly the generosity is only a member to member generosity ... meaning it's the people who help the people, not the church that helps the people, the church is like a giant leach that keeps fattening itself.

Oh about drinking, the Bible says lots of things about wine. Jesus turned water into wine ... and the good stuff. Paul talks about wine and recommends a little. Jesus himself was considered a drunkard. Many places in the Old and New testament involve wine and bread, precursors to the communion. The Passover meal used wine. There is deep symbolism behind the traditional wine making process, the crushing of the fruit and how it is trampled, put into a clay vessel and then buried for about 50 days under the ground and this is Jesus being crushed and bruied and then the pentacost, which was 50 days later and when they considered the believers who had the spirit to come on them to be "drunk". This is all deep and symbolic. Biblically it says that it's ok to drink, just don't be a drunkard.

And here's the dirty little secret, that "The History of the Church" records that the just before Joseph Smith died that he and the other prisoners enjoyed a bottle of wine between them... and that's not the only entry from Joseph Smith's journal. All the while the History records that some members were excommunicated or at least disciplined for breaking the WoW ... double standard?

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:21 pm
myself

In my opinion there is a lot wrong here. If the bishop was worth his salt, then he would support you with grocery and utility payments so you were able to pay the tithing. The question about being a tithe payer is of course one of the worthiness questions but the bishop should help you to meet the requirements. I also know of people who are flexible with how they interpret this question. Patriarchal blessings are considered a source of strength to you and you should be supported to receive one. Now I am not encouraging you to stay but what I do encourage you is to really sort out why you are going to leave. You love God and believe in Jesus, that is a pretty strong starting point. I suggest you start by finding out who Jesus actually is and then, in my opinion, you would have an awesome reason to leave and not soley want to leave because of a Bishop who does not cut the mustard. Jesus will break through everywhere. A door could be opening here, pretty exciting I would say. I am happy for you.

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm
Sunbeam

the church did help me twice with groceries when i was on unemployment.i had to clean the church an extra day which was no big deal.i just feel like i cant pay the same and feel pressured.i pretty much gave up on asking for anything else because i dont feel worthy to go to the temple or anything.now today i felt like i should stay at the church but i know i wont truly be happy but i just love many of the people.i just feel like i cant advance in this church to the level they expect me too and maybe GOD in telling me this religion isnt right.wish i would have never joined.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:57 pm
God

Penny,
Nobody who honestly answers the questions is temple worthy. Nobody does all they can. Nobody consecrates everything. Mormons all lives of lies. Harsh, yes. But nobody does it all. Nobody can. Keeping the laws isn't about trying, it's about doing and doing with precision. Mormons claim that Jesus, in His great grace, lets they be sloppy in their tries to keep the law. Now they won't say it that way but they justify their inperfections that way.

Read the epistles of Paul and look at what He did an what you are to do. It's pretty simple.

Peace

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Brief Introduction or maybe the mobs were right  |  Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:39 pm
myself

:) You can trust us when we say the church is not true. I recommend you check out Rich Kelsey's work https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 0ooeHpVglQ

for good solid facts and I recommend too 'ask reality' which you can find on You Tube.

So do you want to stay in a false damaging religion, even for a social structure and for friends?

When you can answer that, it'll all be OK. We know it is not easy, but we also know it is not insurmountable to make a new path for yourself.