View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 am

BaronetHagan
Post  Post subject: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Nursery

I e-mailed my letter and also mailed a copy off to SLC. Soon I will be rid forever of the foul
stench :sick: of the LDS Church. Praise be to God.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:01 am
myself

Cool. Congratulations. Great News. :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:38 am
God

Congrats Baronet!

Please keep us updated on how the process goes.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Tickingclocker
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 pm
Nursery

Doesn't it feel so good to be able to say such a thing, and not get that frozen stare here?

Welcome to the real world!

KolobKrusher
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:38 pm
Nursery

Nice. I'm happy for you.

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:53 pm
Sunbeam

im happy for you.im new to this message board.i am thinking about resigning from the church.i dont think its going to be an easy task because i live in a smaller town.im just tired of feeling guilty if i want to drink a beer once and awhile.or feeling bad about not giving into tithing.its just to much stress for me.i dont think jesus would judge us this much.but according to my bishop its what GOD wants us to do to be happy.well i dont feel happy.lol

mufasapenny
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 pm
Sunbeam

is it better to hand write the resignation letter or print it?just trying to get opinions on what other people have done.as i read more and more i cant wait to resign.the only thing i dont get was how happy i was on my baptism day and now im disgusted.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Just sent in my letter  |  Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:37 am
myself

email msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

To: Confidential Records: msr-confrec@ldschurch.org
Subject: Resignation of membership in LDS church

My full name is ______; my date of birth is ____________ . [I was baptized on ___(date). My membership number is ______.]
My residence address is _______ [in the ________ ward/branch].

I hereby resign my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, effective immediately, and request you to remove my name permanently from your membership records. I wish no further contact from representatives of your church except to confirm that my name has been removed from your records. I expect to receive that confirmation within a reasonably short time.

This is all you need. No probs if you don't know the membership number. No point in writing any thoughts you have. Resignation is an administration process, it is not a therapy session. Make it easy on yourself.

Life is about learning and growing, you are on track. You just didn't have the full info at the time you were baptised, now you are getting a fuller picture and of course that alters how you feel. That is a reason to be happy. You are growing.