View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 am

eddiespino
  Post  Post subject: I'm losing the woman I love over a crazy Religion.  |  Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:53 pm
Nursery

I feel like life is slaping me in the face... Hard.
3 years ago I met some mormon missionaries, got baptized and started serving and attending church actively. Deep down I always have doubts about the church and Joseph Smith. I denied my own thinking and because of my friends my leaders and the "Holy Spirit" I stayed with strong beliefs towards the restoration and everything else.
Last week I found CES director letter, and my world felt and 10 degree earthquake.
I had plans to marry this beautiful and wonderful mormon girl.
I'm having one of the most difficult times of my life, as I write this she is preparing to go home.
We may never marry and all because of disagreement on religion.
I still want to marry her, but not in the Temple anymore...

I'm from Mexico by the way, does anyone know the process to resign here?

My name is Eddie.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: I'm losing the woman I love over a crazy Religion.  |  Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 am
God of Mythbusters

Hello Eddie and welcome here.

Since you're evidently computer literate, you might scroll into the section here detailing resignation via the internet which directs your request to the corporate records dept. Its just that easy now a days.

The harder part for you will be letting your warm feelings for this future partner of yours go. Can you imagine living your only life with someone who lives a lie? Your continued heartache as you see her being manipulated by her handlers in SLC? The resentment and contempt that might develop over the course of time might push and pull you two apart after your investment in her is sooo sooo deep that you can't see any other way to stop or end it.

So think here now only of yourself Eddie and what is really best for you!

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: I'm losing the woman I love over a crazy Religion.  |  Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:01 am
God

Welcome Eddie!

I'm sorry to hear about the relationship difficulties. That's heavy and very painful stuff. There was a time when my wife and I were laying in bed and she asked, "Is that a deal breaker?" and I had to answer, "I don't know."

We were newly married (second time around for each of us) and were married, not sealed yet and she basically went through what you just did and I was still wanting to be LDS and defending it.

The good news is that because she challenged me and because I loved her, I did a little bit of looking and as you've found, it doesn't take long to learn the truth. The hurt we received during the pulling away was healed as we learned together and grew out of Mormonism.

So I think about you and your conversion and at one point you took a chance and took a look at Mormonism with an open mind and heart and were drawn in to it. If she would look at it again in the same way, maybe she would also see what you now see.

"If the Mormon church isn't true, would you want to know?"

When a thought is challenged, the more challenges it stands up against the more we can trust it. If they Mormon church is true, honest tests won't hurt it. If it's a lie, honest tests will expose it.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

eddiespino
Post  Post subject: Re: I'm losing the woman I love over a crazy Religion.  |  Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:41 am
Nursery

Thank you for your kind words, I hoe that she finds the truth one day.