View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:41 am

JonMinLoganUtah
Post  Post subject: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:04 pm
Nursery

My name is Jon. I was raised in the LDS culture my whole life. I recently decided that enough was enough and have left the Church, and been very vocal about my stance on things. I still have not submitted the letter of resignation. Even though it is written and will be sent off in due time.

My wife is as active as she can be in Church. She has some major health problems and can not attend much. She still believes and has immense faith and passion about the Church. She supports my decision as I support her on still going.

I don't know what else you want to know. Just ask me anything. i am very open.

Happy Free Sundays to you all,

Jon

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:34 am
myself

Welcome Jon :-)

Yes, I had a great Sunday last week....I picked up a cool vintage rug at a flea market, I had thought the days for getting bargains were long since gone with all the dealers these days, and returned a dvd to the library. The film was A Little Chaos, Alan Rickman film. Stunningly relevant to me it was, which was a bit amazing.

And all the best to your wife too.

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:03 am

Hi and welcome. You are very fortunate that your wife supports you. There are so many sad stories on-line where the Church comes between a couple and destroys their marriage.

You sound like someone who will always be your true self and will live a genuine life.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:42 am
God

Welcome Jon!

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

JonMinLoganUtah
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:51 am
Nursery

Thanks so much for the replies and comments. I am sure my wife has her doubts about the Church some days. One thing that I have tried to tell her is read the Essays. She has not yet.

I have said a few times on forums, Facebook posts, and my blog that the Church is slowly going to change their history to match up with what the Essays portray. I know they have asked wards to take all the old manuals and send them back and they will receive new ones, with what i am sure is major changes. But most members will not notice, since they did not read the essays.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:24 am
God of Mythbusters

Hello JonMin from Logan. Welcome to the Ex or Post Mo forums. You're definitely not isolated nor alone by any means. There is a dedicated Post Mormon support group that normally meets Sunday Evenings(6:30 pm) in the Beehive Grille on South Main. Jeff RIcks, founder, normally attends on a regular basis to provide support for those with questions or difficulties reconciling their new awareness and knowledge, as do many other mentors. Have you ever attended?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hello from Logan, Utah  |  Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 am
God

What's curious is that the Joseph Smith Papers site has copies of the Book of Commandments and you can watch the morphing of the prophecies as they get loaded to the D&C. That was my wedge issue. when I saw that I just couldn't understand it. And that got me looking at a lot of other things.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17