View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

bofm
Post  Post subject: Resigned - Taking the Church Out of the Way to Christ  |  Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 am
Nursery

Resigned January 2015 with my wife and our 5 children after being BIC members.

Felt lead of God to resign after finally feeling the church was getting in the way of our reaching Christ.

I feel I have a witness from God that Joseph Smith is innocent (as far as polygamy is concerned), the LDS church is in error with their declarations of his polygamy, and the restored gospel in it's purity is absolutely true, and man continues to change it enough to cause many to err in it's original purpose, clarity, and truth.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Resigned - Taking the Church Out of the Way to Christ  |  Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 pm
myself

Hey, Welcome.

Well, I can certainly be happy for your first two sentences but personally I can not concur with your views in the third.

I'm not sure I have appropriate experience to be of use to you. Guess what I would be confident in saying to you, is to concentrate on the fact that Christ reaches you. And I promise you categorically that you do not need to meet any criteria that Joseph Smith might have instigated in order to be found by Jesus. You do not need to have a signed certificate from Joseph in order to be found in Christ.

I would very gently further ask you to consider why your personal witness from God is the way to go when it differs from the personal witness via the established history that so very many other people have.

But, hey, this is all a journey. I am glad to hear from you and if the board can assist you in your journey then I am sure there are those who will be happy to throw out a thought or two.

And it is so great that you have your wife and children with you.

We do deal with thinking, questioning, researching, discussing and recovering here. It is not always pretty. It is often tough, gritty and you will certainly find out what you are made of. And you will meet with the very best of people.

You may be interested to check out richkelsy.org and I expect Rich will be of great value to you in your searching. I also greatly value askreality and you can watch his work on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrZkzLANdJU to get you started.

Stick around :)

bofm
Post  Post subject: Re: Resigned - Taking the Church Out of the Way to Christ  |  Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 pm
Nursery

Melanie wrote:
Hey, Welcome.

Well, I can certainly be happy for your first two sentences but personally I can not concur with your views in the third.

I'm not sure I have appropriate experience to be of use to you. Guess what I would be confident in saying to you, is to concentrate on the fact that Christ reaches you. And I promise you categorically that you do not need to meet any criteria that Joseph Smith might have instigated in order to be found by Jesus. You do not need to have a signed certificate from Joseph in order to be found in Christ.

I would very gently further ask you to consider why your personal witness from God is the way to go when it differs from the personal witness via the established history that so very many other people have.

But, hey, this is all a journey. I am glad to hear from you and if the board can assist you in your journey then I am sure there are those who will be happy to throw out a thought or two.

And it is so great that you have your wife and children with you.

We do deal with thinking, questioning, researching, discussing and recovering here. It is not always pretty. It is often tough, gritty and you will certainly find out what you are made of. And you will meet with the very best of people.

You may be interested to check out richkelsy.org and I expect Rich will be of great value to you in your searching. I also greatly value askreality and you can watch his work on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrZkzLANdJU to get you started.

Stick around :)

What a thoughtful and insightful welcome and intro. Thanks for that - we need it after still being here in good ole' Provo UT. We are not afraid of tackling what others here may see as our error, so thanks for your gentleness but don't be afraid to challenge us. I have lots of thoughts to your thoughts, and will get to them sometime - as right now family is calling me to dinner :)

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Resigned - Taking the Church Out of the Way to Christ  |  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:54 pm
God

Congrats BofM!

I also left. I also didn't like a church getting in the middle of my relationship with my God.

Welcome

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Resigned - Taking the Church Out of the Way to Christ  |  Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:39 am
God of Mythbusters

Welcome bofm. Nice to see your exiting note here.

However, what evidence leads you to consider or conclude, that the founder of the Mormon Movement should be considered an "innocent"?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."