View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

evapoman97
Post  Post subject: New member intro  |  Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 pm
Nursery

Hello, my wife and I are in the process of leaving the church, we have started having some doubts about the church and the manner in which things are done. Anyway I will probably be checking in often to possibly get some help in writing letters of resignation for my wife and I.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: New member intro  |  Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Congratulations on the decision. I doubt it came easy. If you decide to not be a member, then you are not a member. No matter what hoops church "authorities" try to put you through, whether or not you are a member is not their decision. They only need to acknowledge your decision; they don't need to grant you anything because it was never theirs to grant! Life is good. And you will probably find it is even better now that you have chosen to see things from a broader perspective. Good luck with your journey.

"Everyone has to find his own path." - Ip-Man

evapoman97
Post  Post subject: Re: New member intro  |  Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:08 pm
Nursery

Thank you Abinadi, I know that we will be much better off, but I am going to miss some of the people that I have met. Also I will miss being a part of the Boy Scout Troup that the church has.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: New member intro  |  Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:52 am
God of Poly-Folly

Hi evapoman97,
I have a nephew who is building a project with a friend. He barely knows that he's building something else. It almost seems like all of the youth are working on leaving whether they are fully aware or maybe not fully aware.

I get this whole thing, know how it works. Write a letter to BSA, let em know how cultish-LDS things have become in the area where you live and simply ask for advice. These are the Internet days, nothing is the same.

We like hearing about problems on the ground because otherwise we're not all on the same page.

I am watchful of any lingering attractions I kind-a might have for clickish or unhealthy groups or gatherings. Camaraderie can be found, and remember sometimes less is more.

Welcome to the safe zone, welcome home. Everything is going to be just, fine!

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: New member intro  |  Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:27 pm

We're the brave ones. We dare to follow our sense of honesty and integrity and forge a new path for ourselves. They sing, "Do What is Right." We are. We're doing what's best for us.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: New member intro  |  Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 am
God

Welcome evapoman97!

Congrats too :)

The guy in the office next to me at work is big into scouts and he's never been Mormon. They need volunteers who seek out those opportunities. My guess is you'll find more passion and interest when people are not pushed into that kind of work ... probably like it even more :) Good things are ahead for you. Leaving the LDS has a front loaded cost but once you get over that hill there is so much more out there.

You mentioned leaving over how things are done and people leave for all sorts of reasons. If you start having some doubts, you might also consider this a good time to look at some of the doctrinal and historical issues with the LDS church .

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New member intro  |  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:22 am
God of Mythbusters

Welcome Evapoman97! Whenever you think that you're missing something good from TSCC, try and remember that what ever it is that you will miss, you will probably be able to find it elsewhere for nothing. At no cost, or very little cost, to you.

You'll just have to look....like all of us here have done in the past. Remember also, you're not alone.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."