View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 pm


Author Message
LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to jump  |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 am
Nursery

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 6

Offline
While I quit attending the Mormon church several years ago, opted out of most of the lifestyle - go coffee! I had checked out several exmo resources, and finally decided to actually try posting on this one.

I was raised Mormon, always had doubts, probably one of the few that I knew at girls' camp that never got up during the friendimony weep-a-thon, sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.


Top
Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:17 am
myself

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 pm
Posts: 1693
Location: England

Offline
Hi! Welcome!

Yes, it is good to tie up the business!

_________________
Why leave? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 989OOSOycw
How to heal? http://media.blubrry.com/mormonexpressi ... ion225.mp3


Top
productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 am
God

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 2802
Location: NC

Offline
Welcome LunaticDance!

For myself, I felt like it gave some good closure to reject them and finialize that relationship. Good luck!

Peace

_________________
I resigned from the Church of THE Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (Feb 2011)

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17


Top
LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:17 pm
Nursery

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 6

Offline
I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to jump  |  Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5547

Offline
LunaticDance wrote:
I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....

Hi LunaticDance,
Do it for you, never for them. The other choice is a lose-lose. They'll prolly never change and if they actually did, you'd look like stink. I can't dare say do Christ-like behavior like anybody normally might say because of the terrible side of the brainwashing we all come out of, so, maybe just pity the guy and leave it at that.

Welcome to the very nice spot in your new life, doing stuff especially tailored for just you.

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 am
Nursery

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 6

Offline
joseph's myth wrote:
LunaticDance wrote:
I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....

Hi LunaticDance,
Do it for you, never for them. The other choice is a lose-lose. They'll prolly never change and if they actually did, you'd look like stink. I can't dare say do Christ-like behavior like anybody normally might say because of the terrible side of the brainwashing we all come out of, so, maybe just pity the guy and leave it at that.

Welcome to the very nice spot in your new life, doing stuff especially tailored for just you.



Oh, I won't send it for him, just having one of those moments when I am good and sick of his shenanigans.


Top
joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to  |  Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:47 am
God of Poly-Folly

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 5547

Offline
LunaticDance wrote:
joseph's myth wrote:
LunaticDance wrote:
I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....

Hi LunaticDance,
Do it for you, never for them. The other choice is a lose-lose. They'll prolly never change and if they actually did, you'd look like stink. I can't dare say do Christ-like behavior like anybody normally might say because of the terrible side of the brainwashing we all come out of, so, maybe just pity the guy and leave it at that.

Welcome to the very nice spot in your new life, doing stuff especially tailored for just you.



Oh, I won't send it for him, just having one of those moments when I am good and sick of his shenanigans.



Of course, I see what you mean. Like a 'Hell no Romney, don't you dare!' moment. Good for you.

_________________
God of Poly-Folly Folly

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944


God of Poly-Folly Folly


Top
Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:31 pm
User avatar
MODERATOR

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:23 am
Posts: 7887
Location: D&C 121:39

Offline
Welcome here, LunaticDance. The name sounds kind of nice to me, as I lean ever so slightly towards ancient (not modern) "pagan". Congratulations on your happy conversion to Coffeeism. It was hard for me, and took a long time, but now I'm glad I have this new friend. ;)

LunaticDance wrote:
... sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.
. . . speaking from my own experience, being "officially" dismembered brings an unexpected, and wonderful,sense of relief. I don't know why it makes such a difference, since the church that acknowledges (not "grants") the separation isn't true in any significant sense. It's like you've been enjoying the cake for a long time, without the icing. Now you're being offered the icing, too. That makes for a complete cake experience! And that is sweet. :-)


Top
LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to  |  Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 am
Nursery

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 6

Offline
Abinadi wrote:
Welcome here, LunaticDance. The name sounds kind of nice to me, as I lean ever so slightly towards ancient (not modern) "pagan". Congratulations on your happy conversion to Coffeeism. It was hard for me, and took a long time, but now I'm glad I have this new friend. ;)

LunaticDance wrote:
... sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.
. . . speaking from my own experience, being "officially" dismembered brings an unexpected, and wonderful,sense of relief. I don't know why it makes such a difference, since the church that acknowledges (not "grants") the separation isn't true in any significant sense. It's like you've been enjoying the cake for a long time, without the icing. Now you're being offered the icing, too. That makes for a complete cake experience! And that is sweet. :-)



Hi Abinadi. Yeah, at first, coffee was something to kind of reject more of Mormonism, but now, it's something to enjoy and savor for its own sake. While I may never love it quite as much as some of my former coworkers, or my college roommate, it's here to stay now.

That's actually not a bad way to look at having one's name officially removed, though personally I might lean more to pie, then being offered pie a la mode. :-)

Hopefully, the acknowledgement will come quickly, without a lot of hoopla, though I can give them one incentive to hustle paperwork through, at least, if they plan to harass me in person. In another month or so, it will be too hot to really send people outside.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:   


Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.