View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 pm

LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to jump  |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 am
Nursery

While I quit attending the Mormon church several years ago, opted out of most of the lifestyle - go coffee! I had checked out several exmo resources, and finally decided to actually try posting on this one.

I was raised Mormon, always had doubts, probably one of the few that I knew at girls' camp that never got up during the friendimony weep-a-thon, sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:17 am
myself

Hi! Welcome!

Yes, it is good to tie up the business!

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 am
God

Welcome LunaticDance!

For myself, I felt like it gave some good closure to reject them and finialize that relationship. Good luck!

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:17 pm
Nursery

I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to jump  |  Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:05 am
God of Poly-Folly

LunaticDance wrote:
I have to say, the one that I am truly tempted to send a letter on their behalf, is my brother in law, the most pompously obnoxious poor example of Mormonhood that I have had the displeasure to encounter....

Hi LunaticDance,
Do it for you, never for them. The other choice is a lose-lose. They'll prolly never change and if they actually did, you'd look like stink. I can't dare say do Christ-like behavior like anybody normally might say because of the terrible side of the brainwashing we all come out of, so, maybe just pity the guy and leave it at that.

Welcome to the very nice spot in your new life, doing stuff especially tailored for just you.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 am
Nursery

joseph's myth wrote:
LunaticDance wrote:

Hi LunaticDance,
Do it for you, never for them. The other choice is a lose-lose. They'll prolly never change and if they actually did, you'd look like stink. I can't dare say do Christ-like behavior like anybody normally might say because of the terrible side of the brainwashing we all come out of, so, maybe just pity the guy and leave it at that.

Welcome to the very nice spot in your new life, doing stuff especially tailored for just you.

Oh, I won't send it for him, just having one of those moments when I am good and sick of his shenanigans.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to  |  Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:47 am
God of Poly-Folly

LunaticDance wrote:
joseph's myth wrote:
LunaticDance wrote:

Hi LunaticDance,

Oh, I won't send it for him, just having one of those moments when I am good and sick of his shenanigans.

Of course, I see what you mean. Like a 'Hell no Romney, don't you dare!' moment. Good for you.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to   |  Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Welcome here, LunaticDance. The name sounds kind of nice to me, as I lean ever so slightly towards ancient (not modern) "pagan". Congratulations on your happy conversion to Coffeeism. It was hard for me, and took a long time, but now I'm glad I have this new friend. ;)

LunaticDance wrote:
... sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.
. . . speaking from my own experience, being "officially" dismembered brings an unexpected, and wonderful,sense of relief. I don't know why it makes such a difference, since the church that acknowledges (not "grants") the separation isn't true in any significant sense. It's like you've been enjoying the cake for a long time, without the icing. Now you're being offered the icing, too. That makes for a complete cake experience! And that is sweet. :-)

LunaticDance
Post  Post subject: Re: Been flirting with this idea for awhile, and decided to  |  Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 am
Nursery

Abinadi wrote:
Welcome here, LunaticDance. The name sounds kind of nice to me, as I lean ever so slightly towards ancient (not modern) "pagan". Congratulations on your happy conversion to Coffeeism. It was hard for me, and took a long time, but now I'm glad I have this new friend. ;)

LunaticDance wrote:
... sent a letter requesting my record removal while in college, and all I got was a letter basically saying that if I would just come back, all would be forgiven. Needless to say, this just made me even angrier, but I just let it go. At this point, I haven't heard from them in a good half decade, and I like it that way. At the same time, that letter just feels like unfinished business that needs to be dealt with.
. . . speaking from my own experience, being "officially" dismembered brings an unexpected, and wonderful,sense of relief. I don't know why it makes such a difference, since the church that acknowledges (not "grants") the separation isn't true in any significant sense. It's like you've been enjoying the cake for a long time, without the icing. Now you're being offered the icing, too. That makes for a complete cake experience! And that is sweet. :-)

Hi Abinadi. Yeah, at first, coffee was something to kind of reject more of Mormonism, but now, it's something to enjoy and savor for its own sake. While I may never love it quite as much as some of my former coworkers, or my college roommate, it's here to stay now.

That's actually not a bad way to look at having one's name officially removed, though personally I might lean more to pie, then being offered pie a la mode. :-)

Hopefully, the acknowledgement will come quickly, without a lot of hoopla, though I can give them one incentive to hustle paperwork through, at least, if they plan to harass me in person. In another month or so, it will be too hot to really send people outside.