View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 am
God of Mythbusters

Serious worker bees like your bishop sometimes get to bird walking and don't make it a point of attending to your business request. It probably wouldn't hurt to give him a couple weeks and check back with him at some point, to see that he actually acted on your request. Persistence pays!

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

bikerace1
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 pm
Nursery

I'm new here. My mind is so scrambled with thoughts. I'm debating leaving Mormon church having so many questions.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:48 am
myself

:text-welcomewave: Sorry this is belated.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:18 am
God

So bikerace1,

What are you chewing on? What's the pros and cons of the decision? What's holding you in, what's drawing you out?

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Cosmoprincess94
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:44 am
Nursery

I just want to shake every one of them and ask them if they EVER think for themselves?! I live in an isolated rural area chock full of Mormons. They think they're the only game in town, but really they're only like 32% of the populace.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:33 am
God of Mythbusters

The herd mentality sometimes gives a false self impression of the magnitude of importance within the local populace, eh?

But then again, this well organized religious machine was compared to Gestapo units during Hitler's reign.( that analogy comes from either the Washington Post or the NY Times, as I recall.)

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

ChooseTheWright
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 am
Nursery

DesertSilat wrote:
To be TBM we had to go to the temple to be sealed and when we came out of the temple..........enough said....we soon became inactive again, this time completely. The temple finished me.

It's amazing how the Temple can make or break a member. My condolences to any of the older ex-mormons here who had to endure the previous incarnations of the endowment ceremony.

DesertSilat wrote:
I don't think that there is much point in removing my name from a list I don't believe in.

What? You don't wanna "stick it to 'em"? :titter: If you don't remove your name, they'll just use it to inflate their numbers, so it's up to you whether or not you care that they do that. As for me, I'm always up for bringing an old relationship abuser down a notch.

bikerace1
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:15 pm
Nursery

I'm new to this site. I've been a member my whole life but now having doubts and questions.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 am
myself

bikerace1

Hi! You're not new here now! We know it is rough being where you maybe perhaps are. We are reaching out to you. You are amongst friends.

As poc asked you on Friday,

So bikerace1,

What are you chewing on? What's the pros and cons of the decision? What's holding you in, what's drawing you out?

Peace

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 am
God of Mythbusters

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

APG123
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:16 pm
Nursery

I'm new to this forum. Just checking on how it works.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:43 am
God

Welcome APG.
Enjoy exploring the site.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:11 am
God of Mythbusters

Ditto that APG. If your looking for new perspectives, this is a good place.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Hey, Cosmoprincess and APG123,

welcome and all that. I've been reading, but haven't felt I had much to say yet. I learn more by listening to others than I do by listening to myself anyway. :titter: Feel free to start a thread introducing yourself, APG123, right here in the "New Member Introductions" forum.

or if you have a question or a gripe, an inspiration or a joke, there's places for those, too.

:animals-fishblue:

hagepooh38
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 pm
CTR A

Welcome aboard Cosmoprincess94!

"Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind." - Colossians 2:18

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

Krazyfox
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 am
Nursery

Hi Cosmo.
My story is a lot like yours...Same feelings about the temple and a spouse not willing to listen to concerns or facts. It's really hard to be the only one who sees the truth while family and friends never understand. This is something that only ex - Mormons really understand. It isn't easy to let go of a way of life that you have believed in for a long time. It is like letting go of a part of yourself, and having no one around who shares the same feelings is really difficult. You know you are right, but you feel so alone.
This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life, but it is very relieving to hear your story and to know we share a common experience. I hope we will have a chance to communicate more with one another, because I'm going through the same thing, and no one else (church member or not) understands it the same way we do.
I wish you the best in dealing with this change. I know it's not easy, but I believe you are doing the right thing by following the real truth.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: New here  |  Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm
God of Mythbusters

To all you Newbies or Greenies here, the longer you stay here and heal up, the more real people you will find that are exiting the Charlatan's ill gotten dwelling, just like you and myself here. We're not alone...there's plenty of company if we just take our time and meet new people and build up our social circles of new friends again. What I find amazing, since I live in the Morridor, is the number of locals who are leaving, both young and old. The majority of which are young and have a better, long free life ahead of themselves. Booyah!!! for them and us!!!