View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 pm

DaneDad
Post  Post subject: Hi and nice to be here  |  Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:00 pm
Nursery

My name is Tom and I left the Church 30 years ago, or tried to. I have just sent my third request to have my name removed from the records of the Church by way of an Attorney. Hopefully my sperm donor, a Church official, will not be able to drag it all out this time. I am prepared to pursue legal action this time. It's taken a great deal of therapy and time to heal the wounds inflicted by the church and my sperm donor. I was forced to be baptized against my will and beaten, threatened and emotionally blackmailed to appear to be the 'perfect Mormon' for years. I left home 3 days after my 16th birthday and never looked back. Tried to get my name removed when I was 18, and again at 25. Got them to stop harassing me but recently realized I'd never had any confirmation from the church. So I called this morning... of course I'm an inactive member. So I called my Attorney, also ex-Mormon and his office sent a request out today. Fingers crossed this is the end of my association with them. I am an agnostic, don't have any proof one way or the other but lean toward atheism. I am a much happier and better person having left than I was when I was there. Oh... apropos of nothing, but I'm a 50 year old Gay man and definitely have no affection for the years of punishing guilt and hatred heaped on me by the church and it's members.

Anyway, my life is an open book. happy to share or not. Glad to be here.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Hi and nice to be here  |  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 am
myself

Hi! Welcome to the Forums Tom. I look forward to getting to know you.
I hope that all will go smoothly for you now and you will receive confirmation.
The resignation process is getting quite efficient now .....and with legal input I hope that will be a reliable intermediary for you.

Take Care

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Hi and nice to be here  |  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 am
God of Mythbusters

From what Marlin Jensen(former historian for the beast) indicated about members leaving in unprecedented numbers, not seen since the bank of Kirkland's failure, the membership records department is probably getting behind with all the requests pouring in...so be as patient as you can. Maybe the worker bees there deserve a break?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Hi and nice to be here  |  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 am
God

Welcome DaneDad,

Good to meet you.

Hopefully the attorney letter will get them jumping :)

I always say, the harder they make it to leave the more it looks like a cult. If you struggle, share your struggles with the local newspaper, etc. Surely someone in this land where we have freedom of religion would find such difficulties interesting.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

DaneDad
Post  Post subject: Re: Hi and nice to be here  |  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:37 am
Nursery

I'm more than willing to be patient, I will not let it go this time and will follow up until the deed is done. I'm not going to freak out if it takes 60+ days, but on day 50 I will call and every day thereafter.

And thanks for the welcome.