View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:48 pm

DaveM
Post  Post subject: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:41 pm
Nursery

My Family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when I was five years of age, Iam 50 now, so needless to say I have been completely indoctrinated in this garbage and feel like such a fool, how could I have not seen this or better yet why did I just follow and not research for myself sooner. I am truly sickened by what I have recently found and more importantly, OH MY GOD, what have I done!!!

I am so happy to have found this forum. I have sent via certified mail (today) letters to Thomas Monson and the local leaders, since my first attempts to be Ex-Communicated were ignored by the local leaders on May 26th. I am happy to share my resignation letter and would be interested to hear feedback, as at times I did not feel very Christ Like. I have no idea how long it is going to take to shed all of the layers of Mormonism, but I do have the tenacity of a bull and will not quit until I am completely free and have as much distance between myself and Mormonism as I can possibly get.

Here is my Final Letter:

June 09, 2014

Thomas Monson
Don Bair
Craig Hardy
Gary Stockhoff

This letter is to inform you that as of May 26, 2014, I have terminated my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

My reasons for leaving the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are as follows;

First and Foremost are the deplorable and UN-Christ like actions and attitudes of the immediate leaders in the area, Don Bair, Edward Hayden, Gary Stockhoff as well as Craig Hardy, their lack of compassion, encouragement forththrightedness, love and leadership prompted me to do and in depth study of Doctrine and History. Of which I was amazed and disgusted and was witnessed to that not only is the Church not true, but it’s own doctrine and history is the strongest advocate for separating from the Church and encouraging others to leave as well, and strongly encouraging others non-members not to join.

The Book of Mormon was by in large Plagiarized from a Book written in 1823 by a Gentleman by the name of Ethan Smith Called The View of the Hebrews and then published in 1825 who had a Ministry of which Oliver Cowdrey was a member, and then became Joesph Smith’s scribe.

The First Vision was by in large Plagiarized from a series of so called visions written in England and Switzerland by various authors. Joesph Smith actually wrote 11 First Visions with the first not mentioning a vision at all and each subsequent writing becoming more and more fantastic, with the final First Vision being selected as what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints calls the First Vision in the teachings of today.

Joesph Smith’s outright lying in section 132 of the D&C stating that he could only find one wife and in fact he was married and sealed to several approx 13 at the time and 7 of which being married to other living men and with out the consent of his current wife Emma, nor were they virgins. All of this done in absolute defiance of what the Church taught, and in a futile attempt to absolve himself of sin, advised that is not OK for the members of the Church but is OK for the leaders.

Listed below are the emails sent to Don Bair, Gary Stockhoff and Craig Hardy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, of which each of them has failed in any action to move forward with my request of terminating my membership and removing my name from all Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Records.

THANK YOU!!!
I need to start by saying Thank you!! truly with all of my heart for being so forthright and diligent in proving to my wonderful wife and I how un-true the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints truly is. It is because of each of you that prompted me to search the Church History Records and Doctrine and find out for myself why and who the church really is and what it is not. I have spent the entire week researching, reading and praying for forgiveness for believing and following such a deplorable church founded by a man who's true goal was to drag as many of God's children down to hell as he could. I would encourage each of you to research from the beginning of the church and more importantly from the first vision of joesph smith, which there are 11 of by the way, with the true first vision not mentioning God at all, but with each account of the first vision growing more and more fantastic. joesph smith was not, never was and never will be a prophet of the True and living God Jesus Christ, Moreover, Thomas Monson is Satans servant and again is a true Prophet of Satan. All of the wisdom that I have gained has come directly from Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saint record and doctrine, it will be infinitely difficult for you to refute. Good luck to each and every one of you, I truly have deep pity for you and I will be praying for your souls and that of your family's while you march them arrogantly and proudly to your very bitter end. No one knows how the book ends better than satan, we truly wish you the best. By the way, don't worry about my newly found knowledge, I promise, I will only share my findings with 200+ of my closest friends, I am sure it will never get out.
I ask you each to ponder this quote from joesph smith from HOC Vol 6 pg 408-410
Joseph Smith said, "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam...Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I.The followers of Jesus ran away from Him, but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go" (History of the Church, vol. 6, p.408-409).

With Love,
XXXX X. XXXX
000-XXXX-XXXX

Follow up email:
Don, as we spoke a little while ago on the phone, I understand there are a couple of ways we can take care of me leaving the Church, on the heels of my email to you I appreciate your position that I have left your hands tied. Despite what you may think or believe from judgmental and holier than thou ward and stake leaders, their slant certainly assisted in pushing my decision of researching the Church History and Doctrine and have found that the church doctrine and history itself is the strongest advocate to leave the church, coupled with the current local and National leadership. Please tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel good about your position. I am not nor will be offended, No harm no foul on my end. Please move forward with Ex-Communication Council. I will not be calling any witnesses other than joesph smith himself with the quote from History of The Church Vol 6 Pgs 408-410 as seen below. However, I will show up at your Council out of Respect for what you believe in. Please respect my beliefs.

Please ponder your own Church History,
Joseph Smith said, "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam...Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I.The followers of Jesus ran away from Him, but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go" (History of the Church, vol. 6, p.408-409).
I waive my right for the Bishop and Church Member Records Division to wait 30 days prior to taking action in removing My Name from any and all records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Furthermore, I fully expect a letter confirming the deletion of my name from all Church Record and Membership, showing finalization of this action with in 10 Days of receipt of this letter / email. Failure to do so will result in Legal Action and Me contacting the Various News Agencies and outlets here in Oregon as well as National News Agencies to inform them of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Control, Un-Fairness and Abuse of False Authority, not to mention all of the new found True Wisdom I have gained as a result of Researching the Church and it’s Doctrine

I have grown to value the few true friendships that I have made in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I will welcome any friend that chooses to visit us in an UN-Official capacity and as a friend. But will not welcome any so called person of Church False Authority to visit my home in an Official Church Capacity, as I do not and will not recognize any form of self imposed and self righteous Church authority.

Sincerely,

Time for a Beer!!!

Westview Ward – Hillsboro, OR – Bishop, Craig Hardy – Stake President, Don Bair
D.O.B. 01/17/1964
Membership # 000-XXXX-XXXX

Cc; Don Bair (Via-Email)
Craig Hardy (Via-Email)
Gary Stockhoff (Via-Email)
Member Records Division, LDS Church (Via-United States Postal Service, Registered Mail)
50 E. North Temple Room 1372
Salt Lake City, UT. 84150-5310
Thomas Monson (Via-United States Postal Service, Registered Mail)
47 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT. 84150

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:06 pm
myself

Welcome Dave! I am glad you have arrived here with us!
Congratulations on your resignation.

I get that you are angry and it is so hard when individuals are involved and stand in the way of what we want very much.

Personally I always recommend just a straight forward e-mail to
msr-confrec@ldschurch.org
with solely the administration details membership records needs to process a resignation. And to separate the emotion out from what is an admin procedure. But I understand your passion.

I am uncertain of how your letter will be received as I have no experience of such a route. Why don't you send the email too, just names, membership numbers, ward, stake, country, DoB and a postal address for them to send your confirmation of name removal too. It is procedure that you would be contacted by the local bishop, but this is just procedure, and will normally need to be handled.

Anyway, all the very best with it. It is a great step.
Stick around, we will help you all the way. It is a journey that we walk together.

DaveM
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 pm
Nursery

Thank you Melanie!!, You are right I am very angry and my emotion is right on the surface. I am so happy that I have found this forum, I hope that I have not nor will offend.

All the Best!!
Dave

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I am glad that you feel empowered by the truth that you have found. It's certainly okay to feel angry at being lied to.

Fortunately, we do get out of the angry stage. The timing is different for everyone. You'll recognize it when you've moved onto the next phase.

Eventually, you'll just be happy to move on from Mormonism. I wish you the best in your journey.

Welcome to the forum.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:52 am
God

Hi DaveM,

Welcome and congrats!

I was reading your message and in some ways you are asking for 2 different things.
1) Resignation
2) Ex-Communication

In various ways these are different processes with different requirements. For them to take you to a church court they would need a reason and cause to do so ( I'm speculating a bit here but others may confirm or correct.) And in doing so they expose your problems to other founding members who may or may not be equipped to let them roll off their back. In my opinion, they church has no interest in pressing for ex-communication and giving you that stage to make your case on. Only after you become a threat and a danger would they choose this option and in doing so you get stamped in a way that active members would feel compelled to avoid you.

Resignation is a differet matter. If you will go quietly then it is there desire to get you to do so ... certainly at the higher levels of leadership. Their hope is that you silently fade away from the memory of the members and some rumors or suppositions arise that you were offended or left for beer or whatever.

You've asked for both and since you've asked for resignation, I think they are unlikely to take you to a church court. In doing so they may open themselves up to some legal issues but I'm a computer guy not a lawyer so others may confirm or clarify.

Now if you enjoy being a thorn in their side, you could threaten that if they keep you on the records you expect to enjoy the benefits of being a member, including temple attendance, home and visiting teachers and teaching, church attendance and more. Suggest that they imagine how you plan to bear your testimony next fast Sunday or the questions you plan to ask during Sunday School or the home teaching lessions you plan to give all about the history of the church or whatever other hot topic you choose. Can you imagine the reaction if during the endowment session you asked about the penality signs of disembowlment or tongue getting cut out?

I understand the anger stage. I was 3 when my parents joined and late 30s when we figured it out. That's a big investment and a big loss in some ways.

Peace

lol ... splits with missionaries ...

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

DaveM
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:42 am
Nursery

Hello, Thank you!! I am glad to be here, Thank you for your insight, it was/is well recieved.

Yes, having left the Church a couple of weeks ago after much research. I have found that writing about my findings and sharing them with anyone who is interested, has taken much of the sting and hurt away.

I do not believe for a second that the Church will move for Ex-Communication, simply because they will not provide a forum or platform for me to tell all or state my case. First they would not hear it and second they would not want me to open any doors for those in the court to listen and do their own research and come to the same resolution as I have. That is OK with me though, My intention was and is to put as much distance between the Church and myself as I possibly can. Of course, rumors and suppositions will fly and they are, However, that's OK as well, if they are talking about me then they are leaving some one else alone. I still have to love them, and I will, I do not know for sure but I don't think I have to like them.

Thank you for reading,
Sincerely,
All the best!!!

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 am
God

OK, was just checking WRT ExCommunication.

As far as healing ... It's a grief process like any other and you'll go throught many of the same things that others go through. You may find value in studying the phases and identifying where you are in the process. It's all very natural and expected. If you find yourself stuck (and I'm not saying you are) then maybe seek some outside help and guidance.

You mention yourself and where you are ... What's up with your family and close friends? How are they treating you?

My parents were and are very active, mom works at the temple. Siblings are mixed active, inactive and basically out. I'm the only one to have resigned and I think that's harder for parents to take. My wife is out too and her siblings are now all out (one left after us) and her parents are in but struggling with some issues so we'll see.

Part of my decision to leave was to make that decision because it was the right decision for me and let the consequence be whatever they happen to be. I could see some of the costs. I didn't see them all. I suppose I was surprised a how few LDS really stayed in contact. I was about right WRT my parents but it hurt more than I thought. My kids, my ex ... I've had increased problems there and some of them are related and maybe she simple made use of a situation. Don't expect an unbiased opinion on her from me :)

I say this alot but you're new so why not. The costs of leaving tend to be front loaded ... meaning you pay more now than you do later. The benefits tend to grow over time. Hang in there. It gets better.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 am

DaveM wrote:
... how could I have not seen this or better yet why did I just follow and not research for myself sooner. I am truly sickened by what I have recently found and more importantly, OH MY GOD, what have I done!!!
Oh, yeeees! We know the feeling well. The inability to believe, the shock, realizing we have to believe because it's true. I asked myself many times, "Did I wreck their lives? It would have been better if they had never met me, than that they should become Mormons because of me." That's life. We get better, and the people we unknowingly introduced to Mormonism, they'll get better, too.
DaveM wrote:
I have grown to value the few true friendships that I have made in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I will welcome any friend that chooses to visit us in an UN-Official capacity and as a friend. But will not welcome any so called person of Church False Authority to visit my home in an Official Church Capacity, as I do not and will not recognize any form of self imposed and self righteous Church authority.
Keep your friends close, and your Mormon "friends" closer. As a Mormon, it's hard to be an unconditional friend. Mormon friendships - come to think of it, all friendships with people in extreme Us-vs-Them cults, or Us-vs-the-World cults, are strongly, powerful conditioned by your attitude towards their group, and by whether you are a proven weak, troubled, now untrustworthy ex-member (a sin one hundred times worse than murder). I consider my Mormon friends, of whom I have a few, "acquaintances" more than friends.

smartenough
Post  Post subject: Re: We are Done!!!  |  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 pm
High Priest

Welcome to the ExMormon Forums, DaveM. I think you are on your way to freedom from the LD$ Corporation.