View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:09 pm

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: The Only Picture of Me On the Internets  |  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:43 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

For those interested, I am now providing a photo of myself frolicking in the sun. Was I thinking about Mormonism during the photo shoot? No. The grin on my face makes that abundantly clear: http://richkelsey.org/my_near_death_experience.htm

Also, for those who actually go to the webpage and see the photo, please scroll down and see a painting I did on sheet metal earlier in the week. I call it "The Gateway To Hell."

I'm one of the few never-MOs on this board; however, I was granted honorary ex-Mormon status by a beloved board-member here.

If what they say is true: "a picture is worth a thousand words;" mine could be saying fun a thousand times over.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: The Only Picture of Me On the Internets  |  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Great photo, Rich. It's amazing how differently people look, often, from the images in our minds before we meet them face to face. Your story is great. I love NDE type stories. I'm wondering if the first intimations of God, heaven, the after life, etc., were the result of our most ancient ancestors having NDEs, telling about them, and then things developing from there. I definitely believe our lives continue past our current physical bodies' demise, although I don't know if we have more "evidence" of religion "There" than we do "here."

You know and understand so much about Mormonism. More than many Mormons know or want to know, and enough to hold us in rapt awe who have been in a long time, come out, studied our brains out to understand it all, and why we were there, and how we left, and how to deal with the emotions and other problems of getting out and reacclimatizing to the world ("recovery"). For a nevermo and honorary exmo and a scholar, I think you have helped quite a few of us understand things, and come to grips with things, over the years. Thanks for your efforts, Rich. You are much appreciated.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: The Only Picture of Me On the Internets  |  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

Abinadi,

You too are highly appreciated! And, what seems so odd about this board is how well behaved the members are. This is a special place; I'm glad to be among friends.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Only Picture of Me On the Internets  |  Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:40 am
God of Mythbusters

This is a special place Rich, because its made up of special people like yourself, and the rest of us as well.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."