View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 am

4chickens
Post  Post subject: reson for leaving  |  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 am
Nursery

we moved here a number of years ago it has been down hill every year. first encounter was you are to young to retire when I explained that worked 60 to 70 hrs. a week for 18 years and belonged to a union with benefits. there answer was oh you were a communist. next I was called before the bishop to talk about my drinking problem. never have drank some member would call my wife to tell her my truck was parked at a bar her answer was to open garage door. it goes on and on now they are after her telling she must find someone who will take her on to the next life.im now close to 80 she must do what she thinks she should. im new to using a pc so forgive my writing.

ps. I need some one to talk to a real person im not satisfied with this life

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: reson for leaving  |  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:10 am
God of Mythbusters

Welcome. So what exactly are you dissatisfied with, besides the grist from the local rumor mill?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: reson for leaving  |  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 am
God

Hi 4Chickens,

It's good to meet you.

I'm sorry you're going through some hard times. It's a shame that you seem to have a cluster of problems.

Where are you with your opinion of the Mormon Church? Have you studied the issues with it? There are tons of reasons to leave it.

Mormons tend to be very much Republicans (or judgemental of members who are not) though exceptions exist. They also tend to stand behind Democracy as the only God approved government probably because the Book of Mormon basically endorses it.

Mormons tend to be very judgemental of alcohol though Joseph Smith had wine in the jail before his last shoot out (you can read about this in the History of the Church) and Biblically it says you can have wine, just don't be a drunk... so you're dealing with something that I don't find surprising but maybe a little extreme.

(Some) Mormons will endorse divorce and remarriage in hopes of a woman finding a man who is temple worthy and will take her and be sealed to her. My reaction to this is 2 fold.
1) What about in the next life. If his temple work is done for him then can't he accept it there? Or maybe this whole temple work for the dead thing and eternal progression thing is just a scham.

2) "she must find someone who will take her on to the next life"... Shouldn't that be Jesus? Is Jesus not enough? Or did they just forget about Him.

WRT being 80, that's a lot of years of Momentum with the LDS but you can break free and she can break free and y'all can stop letting them control y'all's life. I've been divorced before and it's a terribly difficult thing ... harder than I had imagined. It took me 5 years before I was ready to move on. Assuming y'all have been married for many more years it might take you longer. So that said, this is a stupid issue to divorce over and anyone who is trying to split up a married couple over religion is mean and ... well whose team would a person like that be on? God's? Really?

"ps. I need some one to talk to a real person im not satisfied with this life"

I have no fear of moving on. I know where I stand with God and I have peace and an expection of better things to come. But until then I'm here and will make the most of it.

God bless you.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: reson for leaving  |  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 pm
myself

4chickens wrote:

ps. I need some one to talk to a real person im not satisfied with this life

Hello, Welcome to the Forums. It is very brave to acknowledge how you feel because then you can start to build in things that will make you feel more satisfied. We are always here and pretty real I think. But it is not the same as actually seeing somebody who can understand, I understand that need too.

Take Care of yourself and stay in touch.