View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:08 am

The Anglican Church is also known as the Church of England. It's the church that King Henry the Eighth started when he broke away from the Catholic Church. England's Queen Elizabeth is the head of the church.

If you watched the wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton, that was the Anglican Church.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:41 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

nikkipiki, when I was searching for enlightenment, at first, I started searching for an answer to life — "What is going on here?"

I was lost; I mean, I was really lost. I began seeking God. The Jehovah's Witnesses came into my life for a while, I see that now as a stepping stone. Perhaps I was taking the long way home as opposed to a more direct path; yet, I came out of it with the understanding of how a cult operates! If not for that I may have never found the desire to help others avoid such groups.

My advice to you is to seek God, seek answers to life, seek the truth. It took me about four years of seeking before I ended up on my knees one evening asking Jesus to become my savior; but, you have already read that story.

I hope one day you find the peace of God that passes all understanding; and, a deep joy in the Spirit. I'm looking forward to being at the marriage feast of the lamb dressed in white and drinking some decent wine; not like the prepubescent vintage I have in my cellar now, which only has a hint of stubble.

Rich

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:29 pm
God

nikkipiki wrote:
Well there is so much to absorb. So you mean to tell that they look good on the outside and once you convert, they become a passive dictator? EX: they do things such as :
You have to tithe or you are bad

If you fail to path tithing then no temple recommend. Farther, it's breaking temple covenants.
It's also a limited view/scope of tithing meaning it's 10% of your gross income and ignores the other Old Testament tithes (I like the Festival tithe in the old testament ... wonder why nobody restored that one?). Farther, the OT tithes were of certain things for certain purposes given to certain people by certain people.

nikkipiki wrote:
They come into your house and tell you what to do?

Sort of. Home teachers might admonish you to do certain things. Same with Visiting teachers. In some cases I've had bishops and others come by. I didn't feel micro managed but there was an oversight and there was reporting back to leadership. I suppose that if I had wine bottles on the counter and they saw them that I would have been reported and discussed.

nikkipiki wrote:
Do they want your bank register or check stub?

I'm not aware of these instances but maybe it gets tricky if your boss is also your bishop. They do have access to former years and they do ask you in a very solom setting if your annual contributions constitue a "full tithe" and might take some time to explain what a full tithe is and would show you a list of all of your contributions summed for you.

nikkipiki wrote:
Do they tell you G-d has told me to tell you, that you need to do blah blah blah and if you disagree you get in trouble or something like that?

Yes. This is what a calling is. Leadership gets together and discusses and prays about a position. They offer a calling to you stating that God told them to call you to this position. You can refuse one but generally people are pressured and will take it. I turned down some callings due to my circumstances. Again, in the temple you promise to consecrate all of your time and talents and posessions to the building up of the church so turning down such things are a weighty decision.

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

nikkipiki
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 am
Nursery

Everything aside now. I have stopped my research due to my mother in-law.
My focus is on her and my husband.
Last week, she was to get her gallbladder taken out , but before surgery, the surgeon came in pre-opp and told her she was not going to have the surgery. Come to find out she has 2 spots on her liver and 1 spot on her pancreas. He is suspicious it is cancer and a biopsy was performed yesterday. Results will not be in until Thursday/Friday. She has an appointment Monday with the Oncologist. If anyone would like to pray for my mother in-law , please by all means PRAY. We need a miracle. I know G-d can heal her, I don't care what the chances of her survival is, Jesus will cure it. I would love more than a few ppl praying.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:09 am
myself

Dear Nikki,
I am sorry for your news. May your family know peace.
Lilly

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Intro  |  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm

That's tough, Nikkipikki. I'm sorry for those complications, fears, about those spots. I pray peace and confidence for your family. Que sera, sera, and prayer makes it easier to accept.